Jo Byrns @ Gordonsville

MOTO24

Jo Burns should be unstoppable in 1A with the talent they have.  To me, they are not nearly as good as they should be.  JB will get the 5 starters who were out  last week back the next time they play at home.  These 5 ware black and white Jerseys.  Get  ready next year Gordonsville.  You can't beat them with those 5 back.

18 minutes ago, 64NB95 said:

Jo Burns should be unstoppable in 1A with the talent they have.  To me, they are not nearly as good as they should be.  JB will get the 5 starters who were out  last week back the next time they play at home.  These 5 ware black and white Jerseys.  Get  ready next year Gordonsville.  You can't beat them with those 5 back.

:lol: Good one!!!

7 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

Jo Byrns having a solid yr...good possibility of finishing 8-2

wingman we'll definitely finish 8-2, no doubt about it!  It's a solid year for sure.  I think we'll be solid for years to come as well.  I'm just not sure when we'll have another state championship caliber team.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say within the next 4 years.  We'll see...I'm taking into account the kids we're starting to get from the Springfield area.  I can already see a difference in our Jr. High team.

15 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

wingman we'll definitely finish 8-2, no doubt about it!  It's a solid year for sure.  I think we'll be solid for years to come as well.  I'm just not sure when we'll have another state championship caliber team.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say within the next 4 years.  We'll see...I'm taking into account the kids we're starting to get from the Springfield area.  I can already see a difference in our Jr. High team.

Might as well come join the party. Greenback is still loaded this year and will be the next 2-3 as well. SP also has a very young team of 31 out of 46 players being freshmen and sophomores. Didn't you tell me just last year that Jo Byrns had no chance to be any good at all for a long time? I remember you posting that on here. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Might as well come join the party. Greenback is still loaded this year and will be the next 2-3 as well. SP also has a very young team of 31 out of 46 players being freshmen and sophomores. Didn't you tell me just last year that Jo Byrns had no chance to be any good at all for a long time? I remember you posting that on here. 

Yep, I did say that.  However, we had a couple of additions to this years team from some Springfield kids and after watching the Jr. High team this year I've changed my mind.  Our Jr. High team isn't dominating but you can tell we've got a different level of talent than we're used to.  Some of the kids are just bigger, stronger, & faster.  We've got a RB on this years team who is faster than anybody I've seen at JB.  So I'm thinking we'll have another good run in the next 4 years based on what I've seen out of the Jr. High team.  I'm not saying we'll be state champs but I think we'll be in the discussion as a contender.  

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

Yep, I did say that.  However, we had a couple of additions to this years team from some Springfield kids and after watching the Jr. High team this year I've changed my mind.  Our Jr. High team isn't dominating but you can tell we've got a different level of talent than we're used to.  Some of the kids are just bigger, stronger, & faster.  We've got a RB on this years team who is faster than anybody I've seen at JB.  So I'm thinking we'll have another good run in the next 4 years based on what I've seen out of the Jr. High team.  I'm not saying we'll be state champs but I think we'll be in the discussion as a contender.  

Oh ok, I gotcha. I was just confused because I wasn't expecting to hear about a good team based on what you said last year. If your team this year is close to your 2010 team we will be in trouble in round 2. We are a solid little 1A team, but you will see real quick we don't have the burners like we had back then. We do however, probably have the best line we've had since 2011. That is how we have survived to this point. If we had a 1-2 of those burners like we had back then I would be picking us as the team to beat this year. We are a grind it out team this year. 

48 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Oh ok, I gotcha. I was just confused because I wasn't expecting to hear about a good team based on what you said last year. If your team this year is close to your 2010 team we will be in trouble in round 2. We are a solid little 1A team, but you will see real quick we don't have the burners like we had back then. We do however, probably have the best line we've had since 2011. That is how we have survived to this point. If we had a 1-2 of those burners like we had back then I would be picking us as the team to beat this year. We are a grind it out team this year. 

No we're not that close to our 2010 team.   I think we're about a second round playoff team.  We've shown flashes but that's it...we are who we are at this point.