Haywood #6 @ Crockett Co. #2

tomcatfan

Well, this Friday night at Crockett Co. is a big battle between two of the top 10 teams in the state AP poll.  This one is a match-up between region rivals that are separated by a few miles.  I am sure this game has been circled on both teams schedules since they were released back in the spring.  What are your thoughts on this one? This game will be for bragging rights, #1 in the region, and I hear it's Senior Night in Alamo!!

The Physicality will be matched by Haywood's front, they are all young, but all saw time last year, haywood has 5 new starters on there oline and are averaging well over 270 yards rushing a game. It's gonna come down to who makes mistakes. haywood will also have advantage over Crockett in the speed area. if Crockett wants to win it easily, Jordan Branch can not play both ways against the Tomcats

1 hour ago, JerryBradford3 said:

The Physicality will be matched by Haywood's front, they are all young, but all saw time last year, haywood has 5 new starters on there oline and are averaging well over 270 yards rushing a game. It's gonna come down to who makes mistakes. haywood will also have advantage over Crockett in the speed area. if Crockett wants to win it easily, Jordan Branch can not play both ways against the Tomcats

Branch doesn't start both sides of the ball he starts d end and comes in on short yardage downs, and I guess you haven't seen the speed we have also on our defense? We seel the edge great and big strong players in the middle I guess we will see Friday night

22 minutes ago, Cavaliersfan said:

Branch doesn't start both sides of the ball he starts d end and comes in on short yardage downs, and I guess you haven't seen the speed we have also on our defense? We seel the edge great and big strong players in the middle I guess we will see Friday night

I've seen it, they aren't as fast as haywood, crockett has speed but not like haywood. I know he doesn't start both sides, but he plays both sides. That can play a factor especially since no one for haywood plays both ways.

18 minutes ago, JerryBradford3 said:

I've seen it, they aren't as fast as haywood, crockett has speed but not like haywood. I know he doesn't start both sides, but he plays both sides. That can play a factor especially since no one for haywood plays both ways.

But we have speed also watch us seel the edge, like we do great force people back inside and far as running the ball straight up the gut want be easy as you think with our big guys on d line and our linebackers are smaller than normal but don't underestimate them there smart players, I just know don't count us out until you know everything we work with that's all I'm saying 

Edited by Cavaliersfan