Haywood #6 @ Crockett Co. #2

tomcatfan

Just now, Cavaliersfan said:

But we have speed also watch us seel the edge, like we do great force people back inside and far as running the ball straight up the gut want be easy as you think with our big guys on d line and our linebackers are smaller than normal but don't underestimate them there smart players, I just know don't count us out until you know everything we work with that's all I'm saying 

19 minutes ago, JerryBradford3 said:

I've seen it, they aren't as fast as haywood, crockett has speed but not like haywood. I know he doesn't start both sides, but he plays both sides. That can play a factor especially since no one for haywood plays both ways.

And far as branch playing both sides of the ball it's not bothered him this far it's getting him ready for D1 ball

I'm not counting them out haywood doesn't run outside they run at you kind of how crockett does. Like I said none of the teams they've played are as physical as Haywood. I'm excited to see this game.  I watched the Obion game and saw him favoring that knee of his coming off the field at times. I don't underestimate crockett's defense at all, but are you underestimating the young offensive line of haywood who has moved the ball against teams such as henry county, usj, braircrest, MUS, as well as a stout defense in dyersburg.

11 minutes ago, JerryBradford3 said:

I'm not counting them out haywood doesn't run outside they run at you kind of how crockett does. Like I said none of the teams they've played are as physical as Haywood. I'm excited to see this game.  I watched the Obion game and saw him favoring that knee of his coming off the field at times. I don't underestimate crockett's defense at all, but are you underestimating the young offensive line of haywood who has moved the ball against teams such as henry county, usj, braircrest, MUS, as well as a stout defense in dyersburg.

Not underestimating them but I can see where a lot of people are still comparing from last year were a different team, and we also moved the ball and beat USJ! And Dyersburg gave you all y'all wanted and obion beat them even though it was early in the season and yeah sometimes it does bother him but he's still a nightmare for most high school players, not underestimating the o line but our defense is physical also that's held a lot of people to minimum yards!

7 hours ago, Cavaliersfan said:

Our 1st string defense has gave up only 7 points in a game this year then we would be winning by so much we would put in 2nd string and then other teams would score but our defense is our strength this year I'm anxious to see how Haywood runs the the ball aganist our big d line 

It won't be like that this Friday night!! Your first string will have to PLAY all night!! We have some weapons on offense I haven't seen you mention. Gonna be a good one!!

3 hours ago, tomcatfan said:

It won't be like that this Friday night!! Your first string will have to PLAY all night!! We have some weapons on offense I haven't seen you mention. Gonna be a good one!!

But give respect when it's due to our program I'm defending mine as you would do yours, y'all want push us around and have your way yeah decourtney reed is a great back no doubt and Tillman McRae is great QB but we're disciplined enough to step up and make key stops on defense.

Battle of the two best running backs in West Tennessee, battle of the two best teams in West Tennessee. I would love to see this one in person, but I can’t. Good news is that there will probably be a rematch in November. Don’t know who to pick, I think this is the week that Crockett will finally miss the presence of Xavier Billings. I can see both teams winning, but I don’t think this game will be determined by 2 points. Someone will edge away. 

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Battle of the two best running backs in West Tennessee, battle of the two best teams in West Tennessee. I would love to see this one in person, but I can’t. Good news is that there will probably be a rematch in November. Don’t know who to pick, I think this is the week that Crockett will finally miss the presence of Xavier Billings. I can see both teams winning, but I don’t think this game will be determined by 2 points. Someone will edge away. 

Billings when first got hurt people thought it would be a hard spot to fill but we had a sophomore named Josh Owens step up and is in on every play on defense just about he's aggressive really stepped up and filled a spot, Don't count us out these coaches have these kids where they need to be 

16 hours ago, Cavaliersfan said:

But give respect when it's due to our program I'm defending mine as you would do yours, y'all want push us around and have your way yeah decourtney reed is a great back no doubt and Tillman McRae is great QB but we're disciplined enough to step up and make key stops on defense.

You didn't hear me say that at all.  I have said more than one time it will be a good one!  No one said anything about pushing around.

2 great teams with great individual players.    They will have scouted each others strengths very well.   I think the difference in the game will be a big pass play that is set up early in the game.   I do not mean a trick play but it will be deceptive and there will be a wide open receiver because both defenses will be playing the run.    It will be the deciding touchdown.   Whoever runs "that play" will win the game. 

• Upvote 1