Midway at Greenback

orngnblk

Figured I would give you guys my opinion on the who's representing the east this year after driving to south pitt last night to watch them and whitwell......the 3rd round between us and coalfield will decide who represent the east...i really don't think south pitt or whitwell can stay within 14 points of us or coalfield

18 minutes ago, muskox said:

Figured I would give you guys my opinion on the who's representing the east this year after driving to south pitt last night to watch them and whitwell......the 3rd round between us and coalfield will decide who represent the east...i really don't think south pitt or whitwell can stay within 14 points of us or coalfield

Easy ox.Your gonna make those Pirates real mad!

The biggest glaring difference for me between the 87 team and previous recent years successful GB teams is LINE PLAY!!! I watched every game in HS and recent 8 years or so & many many in between. They were solid from one end to the other and rarely if ever took plays off. Granted the game is much different now and linemen have to do so much more than hold out the guy in front of you but that 87 line were true linemen size & were just fast enough in the stone ages. Their line was 6A size....not your typical 1A. Plus Satterfield didn't allow any whining! He was a real motivator and butt chewer which is my style, lol! You didn't do your job you got embarrassed. You got called out! Kids are so soft these days and coaches just can't or don't rip players like I saw growing up. I don't care if you are the star player on the team, great kid, etc. you mess up or aren't getting the job done....you need ripped. You rip player A then you rip player B, don't matter who & if they can't take it then find another sport like chess! Trust me last night I was ready to rip a few including my own at the top of the list. Yes we won 55-12 against a less than competitive very down team but it was ugly. Subs should have been in much sooner and would have if starters had took care of business early. Too many plays took off and lack of effort to execute or maybe it was just Fall Break Friday 13th hangover. Sloppy play and that can't happen. I would have applauded a time out early and a good tongue lashing and wouldn't have blamed the staff. Unfortunately competition is down and we have 2 more games that could be just like this. It's not important just to win it is important how you played to win. That is very important heading into playoffs or we can watch Coalfield walk off our field in round 3 with a victory. Maybe I'm just brutal! It's the way I was raised & the way I was coached....but that was just girls basketball lol!

Here's another thought. Is it really good for any team this time a year to have players sitting on the sidelines for 2 complete quarters multiple games to end the regular season and possibly the first couple rounds of the playoffs just to get into a dogfight in the 3rd round requiring 4 full quarters of give everything you got? Talk about tanking and I think we saw a little of that from Coalfield last week. So do whatever you have to do to get the job done now and have players conditioned to play deep. 

• Like 1

87 team is better than any team we have ever had at GHS and it is because of the lineman and defense. The linebackers were special the Defensive backs ouch! Shane Hair coming from safety would knock your teeth out, Tony Breeden great corner. Bobby Cardwell absolute beast Chris Collins you could go on and on. The offensive line though, what a dream it would have been to run behind those guys with Travis Brown lead blocking. Brian would rarely get touched before being 5 or 6 yds down the field. Anyone saying that Silvey wouldn't have made that team has lost their mind though that kid was a very special player. Last week I watched GHS vs. South Pitt game and he made at least 1,000 tackles and almost knocked South Pitts Mr. Football candidates head off.

27 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

87 team is better than any team we have ever had at GHS and it is because of the lineman and defense. The linebackers were special the Defensive backs ouch! Shane Hair coming from safety would knock your teeth out, Tony Breeden great corner. Bobby Cardwell absolute beast Chris Collins you could go on and on. The offensive line though, what a dream it would have been to run behind those guys with Travis Brown lead blocking. Brian would rarely get touched before being 5 or 6 yds down the field. Anyone saying that Silvey wouldn't have made that team has lost their mind though that kid was a very special player. Last week I watched GHS vs. South Pitt game and he made at least 1,000 tackles and almost knocked South Pitts Mr. Football candidates head off.

The black helmet speaks the truth! And what fun was it everyday to practice against those guys and with those guys such a fun group there was never any drama nobody ever complained about not getting the ball enough not getting the ball thrown to him nobody talked about how many yards they had it was just football every Friday night Smash Mouth the way you want it!

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

When was the last time Midway won the region or district?

Mid 2000s around 10 years or so ago I recall them beating the pants off GB at Cooper Field in pouring down rain. Seemed like they won a few playoff games that year & had a great season. Not sure if they were 1 or 2 that year.

On 10/14/2017 at 0:30 PM, Gbnation said:

It was the best team because he was on it lol!! I don't know if last years team would beat that team but I do know we had players on last years team that was better than anyone on that team! We just woke this thread up lol!!!

I may be wrong !!!!!! But if I'm not mistaking the 87 team is the only 15-0 team in Greenback history. And the only one to come home withe the GOLD ball!!!!!! LOL