Rossview at Hendersonville....who wins?

Huge game for HHS to keep their Region Championship hopes alive.  Should be a great game.  If HHS plays they way they did vs Gallatin they should be fine.  If they show up like they did against Lebanon it could be a long night.

Rossview looks very athletic and very well coached.  I think the Commandos are focused and will win this game but nothing would surprise me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is huge. Hendersonville needs it to set up a big week 11 game. Rossview needs it to have a chance at winning the region as well. 

The rossview running back is the real deal but so is Hughes and Kincaid from Hendersonville. This will be a quick game with these teams keeping the ball on the ground making it a low scoring game. 

Rossview 17

Hendersonville 21

Rossview is a very good football team that is hitting stride right now. Not sure what to expect from either team coming out of a bye week and fall break. High schoolers  have a way of losing focus when their schedules are altered so nothing will surprise me. A lot on the line in this game so I'm hoping we play our best game to date because that's what it will take!!

On 10/16/2017 at 1:20 PM, MidTnFootball1965 said:

This game is huge. Hendersonville needs it to set up a big week 11 game. Rossview needs it to have a chance at winning the region as well. 

The rossview running back is the real deal but so is Hughes and Kincaid from Hendersonville. This will be a quick game with these teams keeping the ball on the ground making it a low scoring game. 

Rossview 17

Hendersonville 21

Rossview can't win the region. The best they can do is a 2 seed and a home playoff game.

Mt. Juliet is game ahead of them in the region with the head-to-head tiebreaker and a better record.

I've been very interested in this game. I consider this kinda a test to see where Rossview really falls.

Rossview is 5-3 but I haven't seen them play and just from looking at box scores its hard to say if they are really that good. They have beaten Wilson Central, Clarksville NE, Station Camp, Dickson County and Stratford. Clarksville NE is 6- 2 but the other 4 teams on that list are a combined 5-27....

They are a running team no doubt. They were held to 130 yards against Christian County KY but have had over 200 yards in every other game including 292 against MJ and 270 against Wilson Central. They have a Jr running back that is averaging 130 yards a game and their QB averages about 70 yards a game.

They average about 45 yards a game passing but have scored just 1 touchdowns compared to 8 interceptions through the air.

Also of note if this is a close game Rossview has a good kicker. He is 5-5 with a 51-yarder and 20-21 on xpat.

The issue here for me is that in the 3 losses and against Clarksville NE (their best win) they scored 7, 13, 17 and 22 points.

That is an issue because Hendersonville has scored 21+ points in every game this year and against a tougher schedule. The flipside to that is that Hendersonville has also allowed a fair amount of points as well outside of against Station Camp.

I think this will be a good game.

Hendersonville 28

Rossview 24

14 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I've been very interested in this game. I consider this kinda a test to see where Rossview really falls.

Rossview is 5-3 but I haven't seen them play and just from looking at box scores its hard to say if they are really that good. They have beaten Wilson Central, Clarksville NE, Station Camp, Dickson County and Stratford. Clarksville NE is 6- 2 but the other 4 teams on that list are a combined 5-27....

They are a running team no doubt. They were held to 130 yards against Christian County KY but have had over 200 yards in every other game including 292 against MJ and 270 against Wilson Central. They have a Jr running back that is averaging 130 yards a game and their QB averages about 70 yards a game.

They average about 45 yards a game passing but have scored just 1 touchdowns compared to 8 interceptions through the air.

Also of note if this is a close game Rossview has a good kicker. He is 5-5 with a 51-yarder and 20-21 on xpat.

The issue here for me is that in the 3 losses and against Clarksville NE (their best win) they scored 7, 13, 17 and 22 points.

That is an issue because Hendersonville has scored 21+ points in every game this year and against a tougher schedule. The flipside to that is that Hendersonville has also allowed a fair amount of points as well outside of against Station Camp.

I think this will be a good game.

Hendersonville 28

Rossview 24

Great analysis steel.  HHS is averaging about 36 a game but also giving up about 28 a game.  That is a little skewed due to the 63 they gave up to Blackman in week 1.  I have watched plenty of film on Rossview.  2 is a very good running back.  3 is very good as well.  They run the wildcat when 3 is in the game.  They def do not attempt to pass much.  Its a 4 wide offense and run out of that formation.  You know what is coming...either you stop it or you dont.  They have an all senior good looking offensive line which could be problematic for the HHS defense.  I do believe that the HHS run D has improved since the Lebanon and Beech games.  On D Rossview looks very impressive.  They are very aggressive with many athletes and attack the ball.  I do think the HHS offense will have success moving the ball,,,as they have every game this year.  Hopefully they can come up with more stops than Rossview. 

Ill go:

HHS 31

Rossview 27

Edited by CommandoPride1478
mispell