Mr. Football Nominees for 5A

FridayMainEvent

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grayson Tramel, Jr. QB for Shelbyville.  I believe he is in Top 10 in the country in QB stats.

Avery Brown, Sr. WR for Shelbyville.  I believe he is in Top 10 in country in WR stats. 

I am not a Shelbyville Homer.  I saw them play on TV & read some accomplishments, then did some research via multiple websites and media outlets. I also got a film from common opponent exchange.  They can play!   I like what I saw and read.

Tai Carter, senior #13 @ Summit HS. From what I understand, he has rushed for a shade under 1,600 yards in seven games so far this season (held out of one game with a nagging ankle injury week 3).  Had two passing TDs in an opening week 1 loss. Plays both Corner and Safety on defense depending on the needs week to week, and has a couple INTs playing two separate positions).  Teams typically throw away from him, so he doesn't get tons of opportunities on pass attempts.  Has helped the Summit Spartans to earn their first Region 5-5A Championship before their bye week even occurred, and their best start in school history (currently winners of 7 straight since opening loss week 1 and sit at 7-1 going into their game with Centennial this week).  From what I hear he is the straw that stirs the drink over there at Summit.

I'll be supporting #80 Thomas Burks of Blackman for Mr. Football Kicker award.   He's an amazing young man (Student body president) and has amazing career stats!  He's really done well at kicking camps across the country this year.   His stats this year so far are 47 or 47 on PAT's 1 of 2 on Field Goals (that offense doesn't attempt many field goals) 43 yard punt average, kickoffs-89% are touchbacks with a 67 yard average and long of 78 yards.   

He's an outstanding young man and I'd love for you to check out his high light video.   Oh, and I'm not related, just a fan!

Thomas Burks Mid Season Highlights

Edited by FreeAgent11

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, FreeAgent11 said:

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

Kolten Gibson Walker Valley High School QB #3  Senior

2017 Stats  through 9 Games

Passing Yards 3042 yards  (9100 yards Career)

Passing TDS  34 (97 Career)

Rushing Yards 574 yards (1721 yards career)

Rushing TDS 7 (28 career)

Currently 2nd in State in passing yards all classes and 13th in Nation passing yards all classes and 14th in Nation in total yards

2017 stats are with -0- returning starting wide receivers and starting running backs from 2016

HUDL highlights

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4255569/59c993fa90f8d024e4e4e956