Mr. Football Nominees for DII 1A

FridayMainEvent

Here is the best breakdown of the top skill players in II A.  Myers has more rushing and total yards than Hewitt and only 6 TD behind. Again this is all while missing the 1st game due to injury. Take a look at the link below. Should be some really interesting discussion.

http://www.unapproved website.com/local/player/stat_comparison.aspx?athleteid=f7dd8769-02cc-4adc-bedd-e2a2c23e08c8&ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5&athlete2id=9ffaaf86-57c2-4d3d-8b98-136949cab09d&athlete3id=7deff945-4079-46c3-ba0f-29f4bd673fd2&athlete4id=268d6110-a874-4240-b653-b5831222c082

On 10/18/2017 at 11:11 AM, orangecrush said:

I would like to throw out the name Jajuan "Speedy" Foutch (#3) from Friendship Christian School.  Jajuan has 97 carries for 1,196 yards, with an average of 12.3 yards per carry and 19 TD's rushing through 8 games.  I realize that there are others with more yards and very deserving, but Speedy has not touched the field in the second half 4 times and has played all 4 quarters only twice.  He is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands and has tremendous speed.  He is being recruited by several D-1 and FCS programs alike.

This is the best football player in the division. If you have not had a chance to watch him I apologize because you are missing out. Great kid and very deserving. He will punish people in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, BoomerBoy said:

This is the best football player in the division. If you have not had a chance to watch him I apologize because you are missing out. Great kid and very deserving. He will punish people in the playoffs.

DA, FC and NCS all had backs that say out the 2nd half of games. Myers sat out the second half of 4 games(Tipton, Clarksville Academy, JCA, Zion) and so did Hewitt. Myers also missed the 1st game. To me the kicker is the out of region schedule. You can look at that in a early post on this thread. I put a link in that compared all the top guys. I know we are all fans of our players but this year, I think there is a clear 1 and 2. 

In the biggest games of the year, Xavier has shined the most. Like other running backs, he is out by the second half. 

Below are his stats in those games:

• BGA (first game back from injury) - 37 carries, 226 yards, 2 touchdowns, one TD on a 32 yard screen. 
  • FRA - 22 carries, 220 yards, 3 touchdowns
  • DA - 36 carries, 332 yards, 4 touchdowns
  • TRA (must win game for 2nd seed) - 22 carries, 389 yards, 7 touchdowns

So in those 4 games, 117 carries for 1,167 yards and 16 touchdowns, with one TD reception. Very impressive. 

Edited by Hydrologiccycle

11 minutes ago, Hydrologiccycle said:

In the biggest games of the year, Xavier has shined the most. Like other running backs, he is out by the second half. 

• BGA (first game back from injury) - 37 carries, 226 yards, 1 touchdown

So in those 4 games, 117 carries for 1,167 yards and 15 touchdowns. Very impressive. 

Actually 2 TD against BGA. 1 on a 32 yard screen

15 hours ago, Hydrologiccycle said:

• BGA (first game back from injury) - 37 carries, 226 yards, 2 touchdowns, one TD on a 32 yard screen. 

So in those 4 games, 117 carries for 1,167 yards and 16 touchdowns, with one TD reception. Very impressive. 

He is absolutely deserving along with others. If he wins I am not saying it would be wrong in any way. HE SIMPLY DESERVES IT. I just want to put you guys on notice... If you have not seen "speedy" play you will be shocked if/when you do. He can do things other backs just don't do. the numbers do not tell the whole story especially considering he had a significant injury about midway through the season and could have rested but decided to play through the injury. Again, are there others deserving also? Absolutely, and even if he isn't handed the award, you will get to see more than you will ever want to in the playoffs.

That's not how awards like this work... I realize he is a good player and has speed, but his numbers aren't as impressive as the others on this list. I just watched his highlights and he is definitely quick, breaks tackles, and has good vision. This award is usually won on stats though, and RBs like Xavier Myers, Hewitt, and Hylick have better stats. All 4 backs are impressive. 

1 hour ago, BoomerBoy said:

He is absolutely deserving along with others. If he wins I am not saying it would be wrong in any way. HE SIMPLY DESERVES IT. I just want to put you guys on notice... If you have not seen "speedy" play you will be shocked if/when you do. He can do things other backs just don't do. the numbers do not tell the whole story especially considering he had a significant injury about midway through the season and could have rested but decided to play through the injury. Again, are there others deserving also? Absolutely, and even if he isn't handed the award, you will get to see more than you will ever want to in the playoffs.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any of these kids play who do not play FCS??? Hewitt? Myers? Norton? It doesn't sound like it to me so I'm not sure you can really speak on his behalf and compare him to anyone other than Hylick. If you have not seen these others, how can you possibly say Speedy can do things other backs can't? I have seen him and he is really special. He would be solidly in my top 3 had he not missed games due to injury. The fact he did not play much O vs TKA hurts him as well as the bulk of the carries that night went to another back. He is just as good as Hewitt and Myers IMO but the stats don't place him among the elite for the Mr Football award. If I were voting for this award he would finish 2nd on his own team behind Smith.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hydrologiccycle said:

That's not how awards like this work... I realize he is a good player and has speed, but his numbers aren't as impressive as the others on this list. I just watched his highlights and he is definitely quick, breaks tackles, and has good vision. This award is usually won on stats though, and RBs like Xavier Myers, Hewitt, and Hylick have better stats. All 4 backs are impressive. 

And I will not argue the numbers. I also believe they are all deserving. No hard feelings for the difference in opinion. I also agree he will probably not win it although i believe he should at the very least get a little more consideration. All I am saying at this point is even though this has NOTHING to do with the award I hope everyone gets a chance to see him play in the playoffs. Good luck to everyone who has a dog in the fight BTW.

2 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any of these kids play who do not play FCS??? Hewitt? Myers? Norton? It doesn't sound like it to me so I'm not sure you can really speak on his behalf and compare him to anyone other than Hylick. If you have not seen these others, how can you possibly say Speedy can do things other backs can't? I have seen him and he is really special. He would be solidly in my top 3 had he not missed games due to injury. The fact he did not play much O vs TKA hurts him as well as the bulk of the carries that night went to another back. He is just as good as Hewitt and Myers IMO but the stats don't place him among the elite for the Mr Football award. If I were voting for this award he would finish 2nd on his own team behind Smith.

Was perfectly fine with everything you just said until the last sentence. You are hilarious.