Mr. Football Nominees for DII 1A

FridayMainEvent

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

I would like to throw out the name Jajuan "Speedy" Foutch (#3) from Friendship Christian School.  Jajuan has 97 carries for 1,196 yards, with an average of 12.3 yards per carry and 19 TD's rushing through 8 games.  I realize that there are others with more yards and very deserving, but Speedy has not touched the field in the second half 4 times and has played all 4 quarters only twice.  He is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands and has tremendous speed.  He is being recruited by several D-1 and FCS programs alike.

Edited by orangecrush

I would have to say Darius Hylick #5 RB/OLB for Mount Juliet Christian Academy (MJCA). His sats are quite impressive as of 10/17/17 thru 7 games!!!

Rushing Yards: 1597yds (Currently #2 in TN according to unapproved website)
Total Yards: 1711yds
Touchdowns: 27 (Currently #2 in TN according to unapproved website)
Total Points: 164 (Currently #2 in TN according to unapproved website)
Games with SEVEN (7) TD's in a game this season: 2
(did not play RB in the 2nd half either game)
Games with SIX TD's in a game this season: 1 
Interceptions: 1
Tennessee Titan Titan Up Player of the week by The Tennessean in 2016 and 2017
Currently holds  FBS and FCS offers. 

The TSSAA reduced this award this season to just one per class plus an overall kicker.  Terrible idea.  There should be one lineman and one skill player.  I don't see how a lineman will ever get this award moving forward:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/14/tssaa-makes-changes-mr-football-awards/564135001/

Also, They announced this change in August for this year.  Again, terrible.  If it effects the current athletes they should have given them time to process through.  Making a decision like this during the current year is just simply a bad decision.

For what it's worth:

FCS Foutch, MJCA Hylick, TKA Burgess, NCS Myers, DA Hewitt & Stone, MTCS McGowan, Tipton Rowan.

Also it drives me nuts that the AP doesn't break down rankings for DII.  All three classes are in the top ten so we don't have rankings for this classification.  Like the TSSAA just lazy journalism.

3 hours ago, mofototo50 said:

Think the conversation ends with these four backs:

Da'joun Hewitt (#1 Davidson)

Darius Hylick (#5 MJCA)

Xavier Myers (#26 Nashville Christian)

Jajuan Foutch (#3 Friendship Christian)

Stone Norton (Davidson), Kemari McGowan (MTCS), Cole Lusbu (TKA) are also in the top tier.

+1 on those 4 backs. I honestly don't know much about the West teams though. Anybody got any stats for those teams in D2-A?