Fayetteville Tigers @ Huntingdon Mustangs

ZEBRA35

I've been saying it all season. I'm an SP guy, but we are just a solid 1A type team. Coalfield and Greenback aren't elite either. They are good teams like they always have been in the past. The difference is we don't have the athletes like we've had in the past. I'm not saying we are a bad team, but not a great 1A team for sure. The only great team in 1A this season is Huntingdon. Believe me.. being from SP I know what the great teams look like. I wish we had one of our elite teams like between 2007-2013 because we would definitely be in the finals.. but we don't. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I'm not even sure we beat Whitwell in the quarterfinals. They actually have more speed than SP and are a team full of juniors. 

I thought South Pitt. should have won that first game by at least 21 a couple of bad breaks allowed Whitwell to stay in it. Unless this qb they have now is that big of a game changer South Pitt will beat them again by a larger margin than before.

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I've been saying it all season. I'm an SP guy, but we are just a solid 1A type team. Coalfield and Greenback aren't elite either. They are good teams like they always have been in the past. The difference is we don't have the athletes like we've had in the past. I'm not saying we are a bad team, but not a great 1A team for sure. The only great team in 1A this season is Huntingdon. Believe me.. being from SP I know what the great teams look like. I wish we had one of our elite teams like between 2007-2013 because we would definitely be in the finals.. but we don't. 

I don't believe that Greenback is elite either. But we are good enough to win the east. If Parker McKinney is healthy next week we might not get to host the Pirates in the 4th round.

6 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I don't believe that Greenback is elite either. But we are good enough to win the east. If Parker McKinney is healthy next week we might not get to host the Pirates in the 4th round.

I agree.. Said last year that this was Coalfield's best chance to get back to Cookeville. After this season, they won't have a shot for at least 3 more years. Greenback in 2018 and SP in 2019 and 2020 are the best shots I see as of now. 

15 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

I got some tips for you. Don't they teach y'all how to line up over there? They threw about 4 of those flags on your wideouts lining up two yards across the los. Also, a back can't be moving towards the los when the ball is snapped. That's about 6 more flags called on y'all. And I know of about 10 more they should have thrown for the exact same reasons. You need any more tips??? You gotta be kidding me that you think the refs cheated y'all. Lol, lol, lol.

lol were you blind or just biased? the refs were terrible. There was one point where one ref said the three flags on the field offset each other and the other ref had to go tell him he was wrong and move the ball. You gotta be kidding me if you think those refs were good. lol lol lol 

2 hours ago, citytigersfan said:

lol were you blind or just biased? the refs were terrible. There was one point where one ref said the three flags on the field offset each other and the other ref had to go tell him he was wrong and move the ball. You gotta be kidding me if you think those refs were good. lol lol lol 

I at no time said the refs were good. What I said was they missed about 10 more flags on y'all that should have been called, just basic football stuff we teach in our minor league. I just don't think the refs beat you out of the 50 points we beat you by like you insinuated. Have fun with basketball. Lol lol lol