1st Round: CCS at Webb (The Rematch)

Spartan4Life

14 hours ago, Booger said:

so is germantown feedin them.....or is all of Memphis .....

m i crooked letter crooked letter i crooked letter crooked letter i pee pee i feedin them

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

Not sure about that question. They really seem to have improved their athletics in the last 3-4 years. Could be coaching. But it DOES take some talent. Being on the Memphis border gives them access to lots of potential student athletes. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

CCS is going to try to pound us. Teams have had some success doing this. I hope we are focused for Friday. 

Quit worrying about it. Sure, they'll get some yards. Bend but don't let em rip off big ones and you'll be fine. If they pass, they'll be passing to the same guy you'll be keying on for the run. Better get an early start prep'n for the monster to come week 2! Good luck tomorrow night. Gotta root for the home teams.....most of them anyway. :) 

Curiosity question ...

If the high school team you support had 22 starters (nobody went both-ways) ... would it be a better team, worse team, or about the same?

CCS has been trying to use 22 starters all year even though our opponents usually always have 6-7 kids playing both ways. There are a few minor exceptions where Mondo sometimes plays safety (doesn't start) and our starting CB comes in for Mondo when he is tired, but for the most part, CCS has 22 starters.

Due to injuries to 2-3 players, this game might be a little different, but I doubt it. 

46 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Curiosity question ...

If the high school team you support had 22 starters (nobody went both-ways) ... would it be a better team, worse team, or about the same?

CCS has been trying to use 22 starters all year even though our opponents usually always have 6-7 kids playing both ways. There are a few minor exceptions where Mondo sometimes plays safety (doesn't start) and our starting CB comes in for Mondo when he is tired, but for the most part, CCS has 22 starters.

Due to injuries to 2-3 players, this game might be a little different, but I doubt it. 

In programs our size, it seems to be a valid question that has been raised depending on the personnel you have to work with.....for sure, every team we've played minus your obviously has played their best athletes on both sides of the ball. Seems to me those players are the ones making the most plays on both sides of the ball.

I guess we've just been blessed with a unique situation on Oak Ridge Hwy. There....was that politically correct enough?

37 minutes ago, Booger said:

ask bcd how of those 95 players r playin both ways

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Depends on who we are playing. There are a handful that will put significant time on both sides. Some impact the game so much on both sides it’s not to utilize them in a dual role. CPA does sub / rest a lot throughout the game though.  If you added up our top three RB carries it probably still wouldn’t equal Mr. Gray / Grey’s carry total.  We are blessed with good depth to the point we could only get 3 JV games this year, but they’ve played the second half of many games. CPA has also played most games with 3-4 starters sitting out. I think we are back to almost 100%

5 hours ago, OLDad said:

Curiosity question ...

I think with schools our size you probably have to play 3-6 guys both ways just because chances are they are way better than the other options.

56 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I think with schools our size you probably have to play 3-6 guys both ways just because chances are they are way better than the other options.

Most years, I'd say that is true with small programs like ours. We are blessed to have a large SR class this yr, so we could protect/rest some guys on both sides of the ball. Next year.......I have to believe that philosophy isn't going to be possible, but I'm not coaching....thank goodness!

Good luck and good health to all on here that are playing tonight.

2 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

Prognostication services available for nominal fee!  Just a mere self pat on the back. 

42-21. Same score as the first meeting although CCS and Webb both played much better and less sloppy than the first time. Webb ran about 10 plays the entire second half because CCS would go on long 15+ play drives converting fourth downs, and a fake punt, etc. The game plan from CCS was to play to win, and I like that a lot and respect that from their coaching staff. After CCS would score to cut it to 21-7, 28-14, 35-21, Webb would score within three plays and have to put an exhausted defense right back on the field. Good season for the Chargers, I have no doubt they will be back and better next year.