ecu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, captnoname said:

ECU,

How do you pick Central Magnet above Giles County? Central Magnet does not have a history of good basketball. Giles County has history, talent, and athletes. 

Nolensville

Marshall County

Giles County

Community

Central Magnet

Forrest

Giles lost about 7 seniors and Central Magnet has been very competitive the past two years.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:48 AM, captnoname said:

ECU,

How do you pick Central Magnet above Giles County? Central Magnet does not have a history of good basketball. Giles County has history, talent, and athletes. 

Nolensville

Marshall County

Giles CountyRe

Community

Central Magnet

Forrest

Mag had a relatively successful season last year, with some depth returning. They made a run in the postseason with 2 close losses to Macon County who made the state tourny. Replacing Blair will definitely be tough, but the new class of seniors have a lot of experience. I expect them to build upon last season and make noise. Also, Mag beat Nolensville 51-41 last year.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, captnoname said:

ECU,

Nolensville

Marshall County

Giles County

Community

Central Magnet

Forrest

Even when Central Magnet only won 3 games in 2015, one of them was against community so if we are basing the rankings off of basketball history then I give them the nod over Community at least. 

I would say it will be very difficult to predict how Forrest and Community will do in the new district. I don't think you can judge past teams based on what you have this season. I would say most teams will have a distinct advantage over both since both schools were barely over the enrollment number for 2A and had more privates stayed at least Community would still be 1A. For most years I don't think either school will have enough athletic depth to compete with the bigger schools but some years both have some very good athletic players. Hopefully, and this is wishful thinking, that the TSSAA will fix this and add more classifications to make it fair for all TSSAA schools in sports other than football. Again, wishful thinking. In the years I have watched the old 9A I can tell you both teams will play hard as I am sure the others do in this district as well. Forrest has had success winning the district a few years back and Community has made the region the last 5 years including 2 sub state appearances with one being last season but there is no way of looking at that and seeing how you will do in another classification. Community I believe graduated most their starters from last year and Forrest returns most of theirs if I am not mistaken. Both teams will be very young or at least inexperienced. I am sure it will be an adjustment especially since both schools are losing their natural rivalries and have none in this new district besides each other. I think the other schools will enjoy going to both places to play as I have seen many games in all the gyms in the old 9A. TSSAA ruined a good thing with that district by breaking it up. The district tournament atmosphere in 9A was amazing especially on the girls side the last few years. A few years ago 9A boys had 2 Mr. Basketball finalist in same district and Community had a player who made all state. I'm sure other schools will find going to both these new schools a fun atmosphere and very friendly people in both places.

The community atmosphere is great !

White House traveled down there last year, and played one of the most exciting High School basketball games I had seen. In a great old gym. Very nice respectful people , who understand and love basketball !!

Both teams went over 100 points that night

Good luck this year in moving up !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...