#3 Southwind @ #2 North East

Defense most likely will determine this game

• North East is packed with talent

• Southwind looks to be well balanced

• Southwind 28 – 21 North East

#2 Munford vs #3 Clarksville

This of course is my upset pick of the round

• Records aside, Clarksville matches up well with Munford

• Munford looks great on paper until you consider that they have had the third easiest schedule in 5A. With their opponents combined record of 32-61. They are more likely the #4 team in Region 8

• Clarksville has lacked consistency and has found it hard to find their identity this year. But Coach Shelby has been known to flip the switch come playoff time, and he is looking to get back to his old ways and make some noise after a couple of disappointing seasons.

• Munford 20 – 24 Clarksville

#1 Brighton vs #4 Dyer County

I think this one will go as expected

• Brighton seems to be feast or famine on offense. Averaging 51 PPG in their wins and 12 PPG in their losses.

• Dyer Counter looks good on offense but is lacking on defense.

• Brighton 49 – 21 Dyer County

Pilgrim,

Longtime since you posted.  Believe Henry, Northeast, Clarksville win tonight. 

Rumor mill is that Southwind has two  4 star DL and a couple of outstanding WR's.

Anxious to see if NEHS plays Antoine and Cross on defense in an effort to cover those star WR's.

This weather may not be good for throwing teams.  OL better step up in these conditions whether you thrown it or run it!

13 minutes ago, sheppy said:

Pilgrim,

Longtime since you posted.  Believe Henry, Northeast, Clarksville win tonight. 

Rumor mill is that Southwind has two  4 star DL and a couple of outstanding WR's.

Anxious to see if NEHS plays Antoine and Cross on defense in an effort to cover those star WR's.

This weather may not be good for throwing teams.  OL better step up in these conditions whether you thrown it or run it!

I don't know about 2. I know of the one who is committed to Bama. DE, Jordan Davis. He's a semifinalist for the Mr. Football award in 5A. I've seen him up close and personal in a scrimmage this summer against Whitehaven. He's all that and a bag of chips.

Edited by kwc

As bad as the incident with the two young men was, the conduct of Southwind coaches, players, and fans was even worse. Walking through the NE sideline during warm ups and cussing the NE kids while they were talking to their coaches after the game. It was embarrassing, especially after winning on the last play with a team that's without their two best players. Great assist to the officials too who decide to call a bogus unsportsmanlike penalty with one minute left in the game on a hit "out of bounds." Just a terrible night for Clarksville all together. Good luck HC! Show Southwind what a program with class looks like.

11 minutes ago, Clarksvegas2003 said:

As bad as the incident with the two young men was, the conduct of Southwind coaches, players, and fans was even worse. Walking through the NE sideline during warm ups and cussing the NE kids while they were talking to their coaches after the game. It was embarrassing, especially after winning on the last play with a team that's without their two best players. Great assist to the officials too who decide to call a bogus unsportsmanlike penalty with one minute left in the game on a hit "out of bounds." Just a terrible night for Clarksville all together. Good luck HC! Show Southwind what a program with class looks like.

That's ridiculous. You can tell Southwind hasnt won much. Uncalled for to cuss anybody at a high school football game.  If we get past Munford I will go on record WE WANT SOUTHWIND AT PATRIOT STADIUM!!!!