Any idea who becomes Grundys new coach?

Justmy2cents

3 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

I hope grundy hires someone who doesn’t know anything or anyone in grundy. Grundy needs an outsider and hopefully with a military background because those military guys could care less about all the other junk, and they demand  discipline and that’ll be perfect for those kids.

I'd like to say I could care less about GC, but the truth of the matter is, we're talking about young fellas that play football.  I don't care if they play for the school of the blind or deaf, Cannon Co., Maryville, or whoever......I just hope that those folks who make decisions like hiring coaches, administrators, and teachers keep in mind, that it's all about putting people in place to best serve the community's youth!!!  Period.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way.

I spent two years and over $12,000 dollars getting full  custody of my children. I pulled them out of a situation I wouldn’t wish on anyone. You don’t know anything about me, but you want to bash me for defending my children? 3 coaches text me daily apologizing for the way they were treated. Kids I don’t even know their names telling me at the theater while I was with my kids watching a movie told me they didn’t like the way Evan was being treated.  Loose cannon? No! Just a father who would die without hesitation for his kids. A father who’s been in night school for over two years to make a better life for them. A father who had one more subject before he graduates and is gone 15 hours a day so my kids can have a man they can look up to. I’m lucky my mother and father are saints and provides for them what I can’t. My sister my brother all come together to help me because that’s what family does. Choose your next words carefully boy or you will find out how far I’ll go to protect my children and make sure they are happy during a time they shouldn’t have any worries but grades and girls. Next time you may want to know back story of a man who considered Casey a friend and all of a sudden hated him. I’m done with subject but please keep it up and my police friends, TBI, and state trooper friends will find out who’s behind that keyboard. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hollowman said:

I'd like to say I could care less about GC, but the truth of the matter is, we're talking about young fellas that play football.  I don't care if they play for the school of the blind or deaf, Cannon Co., Maryville, or whoever......I just hope that those folks who make decisions like hiring coaches, administrators, and teachers keep in mind, that it's all about putting people in place to best serve the community's youth!!!  Period.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way.

I personally want to see kids afforded more opportunities to do what they want to in life, that’s not just in football.   GC needs to join the rest of the world in just about everything.

10 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

I spent two years and over $12,000 dollars getting full  custody of my children. I pulled them out of a situation I wouldn’t wish on anyone. You don’t know anything about me, but you want to bash me for defending my children? 3 coaches text me daily apologizing for the way they were treated. Kids I don’t even know their names telling me at the theater while I was with my kids watching a movie told me they didn’t like the way Evan was being treated.  Loose cannon? No! Just a father who would die without hesitation for his kids. A father who’s been in night school for over two years to make a better life for them. A father who had one more subject before he graduates and is gone 15 hours a day so my kids can have a man they can look up to. I’m lucky my mother and father are saints and provides for them what I can’t. My sister my brother all come together to help me because that’s what family does. Choose your next words carefully boy or you will find out how far I’ll go to protect my children and make sure they are happy during a time they shouldn’t have any worries but grades and girls. Next time you may want to know back story of a man who considered Casey a friend and all of a sudden hated him. I’m done with subject but please keep it up and my police friends, TBI, and state trooper friends will find out who’s behind that keyboard. 

You don’t have to defend yourself to anyone  Jason, you could have been a coward just like he was and hid anonymously behind a screen name but you were man enough to put a name on your comments and that somehow makes you a loose cannon.....

Im happy to KNOW otherwise from personal experience!

Edited by ImaSavage
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ImaSavage said:

I personally want to see kids afforded more opportunities to do what they want to in life, that’s not just in football.   GC needs to join the rest of the world in just about everything.

I couldn't agree with you more.  GC is not the only place that is 50+ years behind the rest of us.  The dynamics of places like that are hard to delve into, but mostly it's rooted in economics, or lack thereof.  I used football as example because that's what the topic is about.  But I am a firm believer that organized activities, especially athletics, provide the best opportunities for school age kids to become better rounded individuals.  My babies always had a choice to be involved in some type of organized activity, whether it was a sport, something in the liberal arts, or a J.O.B.  BUT IT WAS going to be one of those 3.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

You don’t have to defend yourself to anyone  Jason, you could have been a coward just like he was and hid anonymously behind a screen name but you were man enough to put a name on your comments and that somehow makes you a loose cannon.....

Im happy to KNOW otherwise from personal experience!

It’s insulting to have someone dog you and take shots at your kids when they know nothing about me or them. I’ve coached for 18 years and still have relationships with the kids and now their families that I’ve coached, but this fool takes the side of guy who’s being investigated because I tell the truth? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hollowman said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  GC is not the only place that is 50+ years behind the rest of us.  The dynamics of places like that are hard to delve into, but mostly it's rooted in economics, or lack thereof.  I used football as example because that's what the topic is about.  But I am a firm believer that organized activities, especially athletics, provide the best opportunities for school age kids to become better rounded individuals.  My babies always had a choice to be involved in some type of organized activity, whether it was a sport, something in the liberal arts, or a J.O.B.  BUT IT WAS going to be one of those 3.

First and foremost a lack of any sort of real stable economy is the number 1 problem.  But  while being home to many great people who have done many great things, it’s own worst enemy in many ways is itself .    

I had many great teachers who tried to promote extracurriculars in that community, and they were destroyed because of politics.   The Forensics team I joined disbanded because the school board and DOS didn’t like the topics that were being debated.    <<< how anti-intellectual is that ?!?!?!?

Theyre truly not looking to create leaders in Grundy, they’re looking to create kids who can give some wealthy guy off the mountain a good 40 hour work week and nothing else.  

Edited by ImaSavage
  • Upvote 1

I made my kids a promise when I pulled them outta the mud 9 years ago this April 12th that they can choose the school they want because to them friends are more important than football. To me school is more important than football. I don’t care what anyone says to me I’m not wrong for wanting them to be happy and one is miserable and the other is not. I still have a beautiful 8 year old little daughter to that loves Swiss school and the teachers. The only way I’ll move them would be all or none. 

1 hour ago, hollowman said:

Other than wanting his own staff I was told price wants to much and they wouldn’t pay that. He only ask for 37 a year 

4 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

heck ill pay him that...

All I was told is Jessie won’t pay that because the school is broke. Maybe if someone wasn’t pocketing the money from the  concession stand and girls basketball we may have some. I haven’t heard anything else on the girls basketball coach since they fired him. Jessie won’t comment on the concession stand when Snyder brings it up.