D2 AA Upset Alert

BreadTruck28

22 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Lots of things to talk about here let’s see if I can hit everything. 

1. I wouldn’t say that Lausanne is unable to throw a forward pass now that their starting QB has returned, they just don’t do it extremely often because they have one of the best backs in the country next to him in the back field. 

2. Their lack of ability to control the ball has been a concern all year. It’s definitely something that I can see coming back to bite them in a crucial moment. 

3. Refs will not be from Memphis, that’s the way the playoffs work so that shouldn’t be an issue.

4. As far as the visitor experience goes, I completely understand the frustration, but as I have said previously there is nothing the school can do about the issue currently. Annoying? Absolutely. I do know that when the sheriffs were called over, the refs are the ones who requested them, it was not the school. 

5. Lausanne no longer co-ops so you shouldn’t have to worry about taking anyone co-op parent’s spot in the bleachers. 

6. Would definitely suggest the commissary for anyone wanting to grab some BBQ before the game. Though, you really can’t go wrong with any of the local BBQ joints around town. 

I remember seeing the co-opting was in jeopardy but haven’t thought about it since. Did they lose players because of it?  I’d hate to see a kid not be able to play because his school didn’t have a team, actually I’d empathize with him...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, bcd said:

I remember seeing the co-opting was in jeopardy but haven’t thought about it since. Did they lose players because of it?  I’d hate to see a kid not be able to play because his school didn’t have a team, actually I’d empathize with him...

They lost a few, but it ended up working out for most. The co-op school was able to sign with another team, so those kids were still able to play. Strangely enough, there were a few who decided they wanted to continue being at Lausanne so they transferred and got into school there. TSSAA ruled those kids ineligible, meaning that they played for them last year but because they technically transferred, they had to sit out. Those are the young men it hurt the most. 

8 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

They lost a few, but it ended up working out for most. The co-op school was able to sign with another team, so those kids were still able to play. Strangely enough, there were a few who decided they wanted to continue being at Lausanne so they transferred and got into school there. TSSAA ruled those kids ineligible, meaning that they played for them last year but because they technically transferred, they had to sit out. Those are the young men it hurt the most. 

That’s sad, TSSAA should have made an exception there given they changed the rules. 

3 hours ago, bcd said:

The Harding AD thought he was losing due to the co-op issue.  It's actually simpler than that - student numbers. 

High school student numbers 2008 vs 2017

Lausanne: 252 vs 365

Harding: 367 vs 327

ECS: 510 vs 365

St. Georges: 372 vs 389

You don't hear as much from ECS or Harding because they don't have the size advantage they used to have.  However, the Harding AD hopes to alter the recent results and "blindside" the competition thru  TSSAA rule changes and recent Harding Board appointments (see list). 

http://www.hardingacademymemphis.org/about/from-the-president/

13 minutes ago, somewhereinmemphis said:

The Harding AD thought he was losing due to the co-op issue.  It's actually simpler than that - student numbers. 

High school student numbers 2008 vs 2017

Lausanne: 252 vs 365

Harding: 367 vs 327

ECS: 510 vs 365

St. Georges: 372 vs 389

You don't hear as much from ECS or Harding because they don't have the size advantage they used to have.  However, the Harding AD hopes to alter the recent results and "blindside" the competition thru  TSSAA rule changes and recent Harding Board appointments (see list). 

http://www.hardingacademymemphis.org/about/from-the-president/

It’s sad that so many people make excuses for losing.  Losing isn’t a bad thing, it prepares kids for life events they’ll definitely have to navigate.  You play the teams you play and sometimes they best you, so, you prepare for your next meeting hoping you improved enough to get the win.  That’s how real life works...  Taking opportunities away from kids in hopes you might win more, that’s rubbish...

3 hours ago, bcd said:

It’s sad that so many people make excuses for losing.  Losing isn’t a bad thing, it prepares kids for life events they’ll definitely have to navigate.  You play the teams you play and sometimes they best you, so, you prepare for your next meeting hoping you improved enough to get the win.  That’s how real life works...  Taking opportunities away from kids in hopes you might win more, that’s rubbish...

so what r yall doin illegally over there bcd that makes your heart bleed for Luzianne......theres a smell of sardines here

yall co-opin

Booger just sayin 6390.gif

3 hours ago, Booger said:

so what r yall doin illegally over there bcd that makes your heart bleed for Luzianne......theres a smell of sardines here

yall co-opin

Booger just sayin 6390.gif

Watch out, you’ll summon that ex-basketball coach that likes to talk about CPA’s run of Mr. Basketballs...  He’ll expose everything!!!