District 1A

IMDog

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With South Greene moving up to 2A this district is up for grabs.  I don't think anyone will go undefeated in district play.  Good chance 2 loses in district could still win this district.  I would probably give North Greene a slight edge but Cloudland, Unaka, and Hampton all are very close.  University High and Sullivan North will battle it out for the last two spots.

Right now I would give a slight edge to NG or Unaka, and that's NO knock on Cloudland at all. They both play South Greene in the next few days, so that should provide somewhat of a measuring stick.

3 of the top 6 or 7 teams in this entire area are in District 1A.

Edited by crazzyness

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Its not really how you start but where you finish.  I'd rather peak around tournament time.  Glad to see coach Lunsford on the lady lander bench.  First time since before Matt took it over. 

Very true. Chances are Hampton loses 5 or 6 league games then lights everybody up come the second half of February.

Elizabethton actually got two transfers from Happy Valley this year.  That has really hurt Happy Valley.

Elizabethton is very young and I think they will struggle this year.

But how about Mr. Leon Tolley coaching Johnson County to their first ever win against Elizabethton.  I knew he would really improve that program but I never thought he would have them this competitive this fast.

Its the same story, different year.  NG plays a weak top end schedule.  Hampton plays a brutal top end schedule.  Cloudland is middle top end.  Unaka looks very good early.  They've beaten Sullivan east twice and challenged south greene on their home floor.  I knew that with coach chambers,  the creeker girls would eventually get very good again.  Cloudland girls have some good talent coming up.  Its gonna make for some exciting ball to stave off the winter doldrums