BA & MBA part 3

zoneread56

17 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

Retard why do you think it is on saturday now: to get a bigger and better crowds. And did you not read my post about why D2 schools do not always have big crowds. Its called reading and comprehension of what you read come on. Idk why you care anyways Whitehaven is not even playing lol. Choked again in the semis and lost to a D2 team after all the mess you talked about Whitehaven being able to compete in private league hahahahaha

Why must the first thing that comes from you mouth be to call names. Speaks volumes about your character. Say what you will. I won't respond. I think everyone sees the obvious. 

14 hours ago, kwc said:

That was my whole point ... reading comprehension ... IF they don't have a good crowd is what I said. LOL, Whitehaven wins some and we lose some. That's how it goes. It's not the end of the world. P_laying in the semi-finals years after year is NOT a bad thing. Yep, we lost to Lausanne. No shame in that either. I still think Whitehaven throttle BA if we would play. Nothing has changed. Let's see if the two big dogs in D2 can have a decent showing in the stands in the champiopnship game. Goodness, I hope so, because if they can't ... pathetic will be saying it nicely.

Give the attendance thing a break man. Private schools are small. On top of that, BA plays up a division. They only have 500 students in their high school. Almost half the boys who go to school there are on the football team. If your expectation is for either school to fill up their entire side, you are wrong. That would be impossible even with every single student and parent in attendance. I have no doubt it will still be a fantastic atmosphere.

These are two of the best programs in the southeast. Combined, they have around 50 players currently playing college or pro ball. No disrespect to Whitehaven at all. Whitehaven has a great football program as well, but they would not clobber BA or MBA. There's a reason BA is ranked #6 in the country. 

Edited by nshguy97

9 hours ago, nshguy97 said:

Give the attendance thing a break man. Private schools are small. On top of that, BA plays up a division. They only have 500 students in their high school. Almost half the boys who go to school there are on the football team. If your expectation is for either school to fill up their entire side, you are wrong. That would be impossible even with every single student and parent in attendance. I have no doubt it will still be a fantastic atmosphere.

These are two of the best programs in the southeast. Combined, they have around 50 players currently playing college or pro ball. No disrespect to Whitehaven at all. Whitehaven has a great football program as well, but they would not clobber BA or MBA. There's a reason BA is ranked #6 in the country. 

I have given the attendence thing a rest. It seems that neither institutuion will drum up enough people to have a relatively nice crowd ... thats just the vibe i'm getting from all of you D2 guys in here. You guys would know better then I about such things. Oh well.

About the Whitehaven BA thing ... You can all come to your own conclusions based upon your intellect and national rankings and schedules played and what have you. No one actually KNOWS anything. it's all just speculation. They have to actually play each other. Until then ... I say tomato ... you say two-mah-tow. We can agree to disagree. So ... who cares if you guys think I'm delusional ... I think the same way about BA and MBA. Under the current conditions, we'll never really know.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... y'all have fun now ... ya here!

Edited by kwc

Both of these teams have more experience in the playoffs over last 3-4 years than any other football teams in this State so is unlikely any of the players are going to be overly nervous for this game. There is no reasonably informed person who has watched a fair amount of HS football in TN who would not objectively judge BA to be hands down the best team in the State.  While national rankings probably are impossible in terms of differentiating a team in TN from a Team in FL or OH, etc.  so one can decide who is 4th vs. 7th it is clear that somebody is watching film of all these teams from all over  and putting BA  in the national conversation for a reason.

MBA got destroyed by BA during the regular season (game was over in the 1st Qtr) and there was as clear of an "athletic mismatch" as everyone has alluded to.   The difference between this BA team and the BA teams of the last couple of years is that they have an excellent and disciplined defense.  While they do not have the QB who seemed to always make plays for them in key situations, this year they have a very balanced offense that does not make mistakes and looks like the NE Patriots in terms of efficiency but their best player is actually the RB who does not get near the credit he should.

MBA has nothing but a bunch of very solid HS football players who are extremely well coached and collectively they have to found  a way to beat teams that across all of D2 have many more athletes, and a bunch of  commits "sportswriters" like to talk about, etc.    In the playoffs MBA has allowed less points per game than any other team in the playoffs in any class but they have also scored the less per game.

These are VERY different football teams but they both have been battle tested all year because teams like McCallie, Baylor, Ensworth, CBHS are VERY good football teams that while they have weaknesses like all HS teams (except for maybe BA) they give their competition a real fight. 

Easy to pick BA like all the "experts" have.  The analysis leads one to conclude that MBA will have a very hard time moving the ball and scoring against BA, as every team has had a hard time doing, and also that BA will move up and down the field.  I think that that is likely to happen at the beginning of  game.  If it happens past the first quarter than the game will probably end up being the "sure thing" everyone thinks it will be.  If, however it is a  tie, or a one touchdown game after one quarter I believe it will be a lot closer than every one might imagine.  These are teeanage boys and a lot can happen in the course of a 48 minute football game.  

There is a very solid chance that the 23 people that drive to Cookeville to watch this game (lol) will see a good close game and there is an 100% chance that they will see all the players on both sides playing their guts out until the last whistle.  There are no "sure things" in high school sports so maybe it will be worth the drive and the $12 ticket :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kwc said:

I have given the attendence thing a rest. It seems that either institutuion will drum up enough people to have a relatively nice crowd ... thats just the vibe i'm getting from all of you D2 guys in here. You guys would know better then I about such things. Oh well.

About the Whitehaven BA thing ... You can all come to your own conclusions based upon your intellect and national rankings and schedules played and what have you. No one actually KNOWS anything. it's all just speculation. They have to actually play each other. Until then ... I say tomato ... you say two-mah-tow. We can agree to disagree. So ... who cares if you guys think I'm delusional ... I think the same way about BA and MBA. Under the current conditions, we'll never really know.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... y'all have fun now ... ya here!

Kwc what would you guys do if you could not run the ball ? Anyone who beats this years ba team will need to be balanced on offense with multiple threats and a qb and receiver Corp who can pass the ball and throw deep.

Ba dominated the line play against Bishop Dunne and Knox Catholic - two teams with almost the entire O and D lines going to major D 1 programs.

The only teams this year who have hung around for a brief min have had team speed that could extend a play but even then look at the stats of the game bishop dunne was held to less than 30 yards rushing- I can’ give you the stats against ba this year but they would not bode well from your argument - esp looking at your team and how they lack creativity and skill on offense to mix it up 

cane ridge is a good team - all the credit to both of you but they would be punched in the mouth so quick by this ba team and get no where on offense just the way it is this year. 

No one in the state can lace them up with ba this year - just a reality 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

36 minutes ago, g33 said:

Both of these teams have more experience in the playoffs over last 3-4 years than any other football teams in this State so is unlikely any of the players are going to be overly nervous for this game. There is no reasonably informed person who has watched a fair amount of HS football in TN who would not objectively judge BA to be hands down the best team in the State.  While national rankings probably are impossible in terms of differentiating a team in TN from a Team in FL or OH, etc.  so one can decide who is 4th vs. 7th it is clear that somebody is watching film of all these teams from all over  and putting BA  in the national conversation for a reason.

MBA got destroyed by BA during the regular season (game was over in the 1st Qtr) and there was as clear of an "athletic mismatch" as everyone has alluded to.   The difference between this BA team and the BA teams of the last couple of years is that they have an excellent and disciplined defense.  While they do not have the QB who seemed to always make plays for them in key situations, this year they have a very balanced offense that does not make mistakes and looks like the NE Patriots in terms of efficiency but their best player is actually the RB who does not get near the credit he should.

MBA has nothing but a bunch of very solid HS football players who are extremely well coached and collectively they have to found  a way to beat teams that across all of D2 have many more athletes, and a bunch of  commits "sportswriters" like to talk about, etc.    In the playoffs MBA has allowed less points per game than any other team in the playoffs in any class but they have also scored the less per game.

These are VERY different football teams but they both have been battle tested all year because teams like McCallie, Baylor, Ensworth, CBHS are VERY good football teams that while they have weaknesses like all HS teams (except for maybe BA) they give their competition a real fight. 

Easy to pick BA like all the "experts" have.  The analysis leads one to conclude that MBA will have a very hard time moving the ball and scoring against BA, as every team has had a hard time doing, and also that BA will move up and down the field.  I think that that is likely to happen at the beginning of  game.  If it happens past the first quarter than the game will probably end up being the "sure thing" everyone thinks it will be.  If, however it is a  tie, or a one touchdown game after one quarter I believe it will be a lot closer than every one might imagine.  These are teeanage boys and a lot can happen in the course of a 48 minute football game.  

There is a very solid chance that the 23 people that drive to Cookeville to watch this game (lol) will see a good close game and there is an 100% chance that they will see all the players on both sides playing their guts out until the last whistle.  There are no "sure things" in high school sports so maybe it will be worth the drive and the $12 ticket :)

Good post - we never know for sure what we will get from these two teams come this time of year - mbas coaching staff is really good at making adjustments to the game plan to fit a rematch and I would expect the same this year 

22 hours ago, kwc said:

What's to talk about? BA will probably win and everybody thinks that is the case. This is the third time they will have played each other this year. It is what it is. Nobaody really wants to talk about the game actually. So this thread morphed into an attendance issue. If there were a sprited discussion about BA vs MBA part 3, it probably wouldn't have gone there. 

So, have at it D2'ers. Can anybody muster anything interesting to talk about concerning the actual game ... or do we talk more about potential attendence?

Btw this is Bas  27th state championship game - 

5 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

Kwc what would you guys do if you could not run the ball ? Anyone who beats this years ba team will need to be balanced on offense with multiple threats and a qb and receiver Corp who can pass the ball and throw deep.

Ba dominated the line play against Bishop Dunne and Knox Catholic - two teams with almost the entire O and D lines going to major D 1 programs.

The only teams this year who have hung around for a brief min have had team speed that could extend a play but even then look at the stats of the game bishop dunne was held to less than 30 yards rushing- I can’ give you the stats against ba this year but they would not bode well from your argument - esp looking at your team and how they lack creativity and skill on offense to mix it up 

cane ridge is a good team - all the credit to both of you but they would be punched in the mouth so quick by this ba team and get no where on offense just the way it is this year. 

No one in the state can lace them up with ba this year - just a reality 

Baylorbigdog1976:

Well stated. Well thought out. Very good presentation. Nice references as well.

Doesn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I don't believe BA would crush Whitehaven. I also don't believe Whitehaven would crush BA. I do think that if they played, Whitehaven can beat them. We won't actually know unless they play. I do not care about any of the other teams you mentioned. I'm sure they are all wonderful. They aren't Whitehaven.

I don't care about any imaginary scenrios or contemplated anaylsis. That's all IFL stuff. There is only one way to tell.

So, when someone comes at me with how BA would crush Whitehaven, even when I never even mentioned Whitehaven in the first place. Go back and re-read the thread and find out who even brought up Whitehaven. I was trying to talk about MBA and BA. However, I'm not going to sit here and agree with a statement I don't believe or agree with. Ergo, my rebuttal. 

I know you D2 guys all believe that BA would beat Whitehaven. Some of you even believe that BA would crush Whitehaven. Good for you. I don't. I'm a well informed, highly knowledgeable fan of high school football here in the state of Tennessee. I keep up, i'm not some local yahoo newbie. My opinion just differs from you guys.

We can agree to disagree. It happens all of the time.

Edited by kwc

16 hours ago, Playerscoach2 said:

Whitehaven would throttle BA if they played? This is very laughable. I'm not even sure Whitehaven could beat Ensworth who had a down year this year if they played them. Whitehaven lost to a Cane Ridge team who, while being a good team, would not compete with most teams in D2-AAA. There is a reason BA is unbeaten and nationally ranked. If you can't even make it to the finals in your division I would take a step back before I say they could "throttle" Ba of all teams. Especially with not even one factual basis to back that up.

You don't have a factual basis to back up your claim. When you come up with actual proof of when they actually played and BA actually beat Whitehaven, then you have something. Right now, all you have is IFL and opinion. Opinions are like belly buttons ... everybody has one. 

7 hours ago, kwc said:

You don't have a factual basis to back up your claim. When you come up with actual proof of when they actually played and BA actually beat Whitehaven, then you have something. Right now, all you have is IFL and opinion. Opinions are like belly buttons ... everybody has one. 

You came on the BA v MBA State Championship board and said Whitehaven would throttle BA -- not the other way around. Of course people are going to disagree with you. You can't throw the whole "until you have proof your claim is invalid" card when you're the one who came here and made the original claim.

When I played at BA a few years back, every offseason, our coach/AD (Cody White) would call up every big name public in the state to try and schedule them but they'd never agree -- hence, why the big three privates are constantly playing schools from Kentucky, Ohio, Alabama, and Texas. I totally get why they wouldn't schedule us (given that the TSSAA punishes publics for non conference losses in terms of playoff odds), but it's not like the private schools are intentionally not playing the big 6As so they look better or something. They'd love to actually. The one time we did actually get to play a 6A, we traveled to Science Hill and mercy ruled them by half time. 

At the end of the day, They're all good programs. There's no need in going on private school boards saying that your public school would "throttle" them. That's just obnoxious and like you pointed out, we will never actually know. 

Edited by nshguy97
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 1:15 PM, zoneread56 said:

Retard why do you think it is on saturday now: to get a bigger and better crowds. And did you not read my post about why D2 schools do not always have big crowds. Its called reading and comprehension of what you read come on. Idk why you care anyways Whitehaven is not even playing lol. Choked again in the semis and lost to a D2 team after all the mess you talked about Whitehaven being able to compete in private league hahahahaha

This is the comment that prompted my Whiethaven bashing BA talk. Your D2 pal introduced Whitehaven into the conversation ... I didn't. 

So, it's perfectly alright for someone to take a unwarranted shot at the Whitehaven program and I shouldn't offer a rebuttle? 

Edited by kwc

12 hours ago, nshguy97 said:

You came on the BA v MBA State Championship board and said Whitehaven would throttle BA -- not the other way around. Of course people are going to disagree with you. You can't throw the whole "until you have proof your claim is invalid" card when you're the one who came here and made the original claim.

When I played at BA a few years back, every offseason, our coach/AD (Cody White) would call up every big name public in the state to try and schedule them but they'd never agree -- hence, why the big three privates are constantly playing schools from Kentucky, Ohio, Alabama, and Texas. I totally get why they wouldn't schedule us (given that the TSSAA punishes publics for non conference losses in terms of playoff odds), but it's not like the private schools are intentionally not playing the big 6As so they look better or something. They'd love to actually. The one time we did actually get to play a 6A, we traveled to Science Hill and mercy ruled them by half time. 

At the end of the day, They're all good programs. There's no need in going on private school boards saying that your public school would "throttle" them. That's just obnoxious and like you pointed out, we will never actually know. 

I will say this ... I've seen where MBA has traveled to some public schools to play them on their fields in recent history. I've seen MBA play public schools on a neutral field. I haven't seen BA do that in recent history. I can speak for the Whitehaven folks. Whitehaven would love to play either one, but it would have to be a two way deal. One year at their place and one year at Whitehaven. Otherwise, it probably won't happen. Whitehaven has been burned by private schools in the past not holding up their end of the bargain. That's how Lausanne got on the schedule. The two coaches know and respect each other. Lausanne's coach held up his end of the bargain and came to Whitehaven FIRST. Next year, we go to Lausanne. Locally, we scrimmage with MUS every summer and both parties are content with that arrangement. We don't play or scrimmage CBHS. We don't scrimmage or play Briarcrest. Or any other local private school for that matter. It would make sense for us to play one of the local D2-3A schools, wouldn't it?

So, if BA wants some ... do what Lausanne did. I'm sure it would happen. Until then ... we all speculate. I've read on here where some D2 yahoo asked me ... "How come BA has to call Whitehaven?". They don't. However, if Whitehaven calls them ... that's going to be the offer ... home/home. If BA isn't going to do a home/home deal, then why should Whitehaven call in the first place?

Whitehaven has three region games on the schedule. They have 7 non-region games to schedule. It can be done if both parties can work out an arrangment. BA, MBA, it doesn't matter. Whitehaven has teams to avoid, duck, and dodge them every year. A lot of folks are just plain ole scared to play Whitehaven. It's ridiculous.

Edited by kwc