Region 7AA Games for 1/30 Pick them

OldSportsGuy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester still alive after knocking off Riverside held McElrath to only 39  LOL

SS took care of business and Lexington beat Scotts Hill in a game that was closer than expected but this is a rivalry game so throw out the records.  A win is a win

Northside throttled McNairy.  McNairy could wind up 4th after Friday night, dangerous play to be

Crockett, Dyersburg and S. Gibson took care of business as expected.  I believe these 3 teams are capable of beating whoever comes out of 14AA, can't say that any of 14AA would be favored, that might win on a hot night but definitely think 13AA has the edge in quality teams

19 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Chester still alive after knocking off Riverside held McElrath to only 39  LOL

SS took care of business and Lexington beat Scotts Hill in a game that was closer than expected but this is a rivalry game so throw out the records.  A win is a win

Northside throttled McNairy.  McNairy could wind up 4th after Friday night, dangerous play to be

Crockett, Dyersburg and S. Gibson took care of business as expected.  I believe these 3 teams are capable of beating whoever comes out of 14AA, can't say that any of 14AA would be favored, that might win on a hot night but definitely think 13AA has the edge in quality teams

Dubs and L's can sometimes be misleading. Who has played the toughest schedules may be more important than who has the most wins.

Edited by OldSportsGuy

2 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

No doubt, but if you look at 14AA schedules, outside of Southside's, you don't see many quality opponents on there

Okay... Sort of just the opposite of what you are saying... top strength of Schedules for Region 7AA. 13 AA teams are in bold. There are 110 AA teams in the state.

Lexington 13 - Adamsville 20 - Westview  27 - Milan 31 - Riverside 34 - Chester County 37 -

Obion County 43 - Scotts Hill 55 - Dyersburg 59 - Crockett County 63 - Northside 80

Southside 93 - South Gibson 107 - McNairy 109

McNairy played Madison twice, Milan twice and Alcorn Central MS - all are terrible

Chester played Middleton & TCA - good single A schools, Madison  They did play S.Gibson & Crockett & lost both.  Only beat Madison

Riverside played all single A schools except S. Gibson who they beat by 3  at Christmas tournament after both had lost day before.

Lexington had a few tough ones with Dyer Co-1st game of year, Blackman-lost by 50, good single A team Columbia Academy and they lost to  Dyersburg at home, split with Crockett & twice to Obion before players got suspended

Southside played Fayette Ware twice, Liberty twice, Haywood twice and White Station    All very good competition.

Chester, McNairy,  & Lexington played Hardin County-not a good AAA team and went 2-3 in those games.

Looks LIke SS &  Lexington played a tough schedule but the rest didn't

Edited by Bkbfan4ever

33 minutes ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Okay... Sort of just the opposite of what you are saying... top strength of Schedules for Region 7AA. 13 AA teams are in bold. There are 110 AA teams in the state.

Lexington 13 - Adamsville 20 - Westview  27 - Milan 31 - Riverside 34 - Chester County 37 -

Obion County 43 - Scotts Hill 55 - Dyersburg 59 - Crockett County 63 - Northside 80

Southside 93 - South Gibson 107 - McNairy 109

Strength of schedule list doesn't do much for my taste.  Riverside 34 playing Frank Hughes, Collinwood, Wayne County, McKenzie, & Perry County

I don't put much stock in that list.  Lexington gets a big boost by playing Dyer Co and Blackmon and should but they lost by 50 to Blackman - played Dyer Co close in 1st game of year.

Just don't think strength of schedule is very accurate.  It goes by win/loss record and as you stated that doesn't always tell the whole story

Edited by Bkbfan4ever

3 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Strength of schedule list doesn't do much for my taste.  Riverside 34 playing Frank Hughes, Collinwood, Wayne County, McKenzie, & Perry County

I don't put much stock in that list.  Lexington gets a big boost by playing Dyer Co and Blackmon and should but they lost by 50 to Blackman - played Dyer Co close in 1st game of year.

Just don't think strength of schedule is very accurate.  It goes by win/loss record and as you stated that doesn't always tell the whole store

Great points.

The strength of schedule is a piece I really like to look at when tournament time is approaching.  When you said "Crockett, Dyersburg and S. Gibson took care of business as expected.  I believe these 3 teams are capable of beating whoever comes out of 14AA, can't say that any of 14AA would be favored, that might win on a hot night but definitely think 13AA has the edge in quality teams" it made think about who they have played.

My opinion is there are 2 teams who could win the Region out of 13AA and 4 that could win it out of 14AA

Crockett and Dyersburg

Southside, Lexington, Chester, and McNairy - Riverside and D MAC are dangerous

I think Crockett or Dyersburg will win their district and the region.

You are right that any of those 5 could win 14AA along with Northside with McNairy having an advantage having it at home but I still think SS has the edge with NS and Lexington right behind them.

I don't think any of the 14AA teams will make the finals of region