2018 Mock Grand Championship?

Bump11

Any question at 285?

P4P....

maybe Kramer, and of course there's Salter and Fowler. But, there's... Reiniche ;)

Howbout 126? Great to see! 132 &145... Yes, Garrett Bowers vs that stacked AAA field, but he definitely showed his stuff against tough competition vs McCallie's Ward. Ouch!

How would Alex Whitworth vs stacked up field?  Ty Boeck vs Grayson Walthall ?

...And long time GRECO-ROMAN veteran Tommy Brackett vs AAA/1AA?

Borders vs Emory Taylor at 113?

It would be fun to see

Edited by Sommers

I’d love to vote on this again. Last year’s was a lot of fun. Instead of taking all that time to seed each weight class, I would take a similar approach to how our state brackets get done by splitting the finalists from each division. 

Example at 106:

Top half of bracket - Morris (1st D2), AAA and AA 2nd, 3rd, 6th , D2 4th & 5th

Bottom half of bracket - Bates (1st AAA), Uhorchuk (1st AA), AAA and AA 4th, 5th, D2 2nd, 3rd, 6th

Basically just pick the state champ you think is the best, and put them on the top half. Place the other 2 champs on the other side. Let all the others fall into their slots. Doing it this way guarantees that you wouldn’t have a finals rematch, unless they met in the finals of this bracket. This way if we think the best 2 wrestlers in the state are from the same division, we can vote that way. 

Also, I don’t know if we would want wild cards, but I’d love to have River Henry in the 285 bracket. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, hawks11 said:

I’d love to vote on this again. Last year’s was a lot of fun. Instead of taking all that time to seed each weight class, I would take a similar approach to how our state brackets get done by splitting the finalists from each division. 

Example at 106:

Top half of bracket - Morris (1st D2), AAA and AA 2nd, 3rd, 6th , D2 4th & 5th

Bottom half of bracket - Bates (1st AAA), Uhorchuk (1st AA), AAA and AA 4th, 5th, D2 2nd, 3rd, 6th

Basically just pick the state champ you think is the best, and put them on the top half. Place the other 2 champs on the other side. Let all the others fall into their slots. Doing it this way guarantees that you wouldn’t have a finals rematch, unless they met in the finals of this bracket. This way if we think the best 2 wrestlers in the state are from the same division, we can vote that way. 

Also, I don’t know if we would want wild cards, but I’d love to have River Henry in the 285 bracket. 

Thanks for the input! That sounds like a great idea. I’ll start putting something together tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have some brackets open by Thursday! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hawks11 said:

Thank you for doing this. I know it will take a lot of time to set it up. 

Yeah no problem. I did it last year and between setting it up and giving people enough time to vote in each round, it took a week and a half I think. But everyone enjoys it and it was a big success last year so it’s worth it