Westview Thanksgiving Classic Loaded!!

fredlewis

Just saw the pairings for the Westivew Thanksgiving Classic and it really looks like and awesome 2 days of basketball.

Games are:

Friday Nov 29th

3:30 USJ v Houston

5:00 Chester County v Briarcrest

6:30 Livingston Academy v Dyersburg

8:00 Westview v Marshfield MO

Saturday Nov 30th

2:00 Briarcrest v Livingston Academy

3:30 Marshfield MO v Chester County

5:00 Houston v Dyersburg

6:30 Westview v USJ

Talked with some of the coaches from the area: There will be a load of SR talent with Rowsey-Chester County (Georgia), Mincy-Briarcrest (Ole Miss), Cavin-Westview (TN Tech), Fuqua-Westview (UT Martin) to name a few. Briarcrest 2 time DII State Champs, Livingston with Beechboard and Co. their year?, Chester Co off lasts years state appearance, Houston is the one of two best in Memphis AAA, to go with USJ (Final Four last year in A) Marshfield MO (4 State Final 4's in 4 years) Westview one of the top 2 in West TN in AA and Dyersburg with a world of young talent. If you are in West TN next weekend, better catch some games in Martin. :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show shall begin in 7 days, I would recommend watching Briarcrest, Livingston Academy, (who Westview beat in 1996 for their only state title, had to put that in their) Marshfield, MO, and of course THE 'VIEW.....these dhould be some very talented teams, the other four or not slouches by any means....should be alot of fun

GET UP'VIEW

My only thought about this classic is why in the world is Westview playing USJ and not Livingston?It seems as if a game against Livingston win or lose would only help you get better.This scheduling is certainly not preparing your team to compete with the likes of McMinn Central,the odds on favorite to win AA,after there win against AAA Farragut the other night.This team needs a stiffer challenge than USJ,and the rest of the patsy`s in West Tennessee.

Just a quess, but I would think it is because it is a Holiday weekend and teams need to get home. The schedule starts earlier on Saturday and teams that need the time to travel are getting it, like Livingston and the team from Missouri. Secondly, as a fan of basketball, I like the USJ vs. Westview game because of the local flavor. USJ was a final four team last year and there are alot of people in NORTHWEST TENNESSEE that want to see this game. The team from Missouri is a state power and also reached their classifications final four last year as well.

Before you call teams 'patsies', go to Martin and pay your money and watch the games; then make an educated statement on the competition that is there. ;)

Ok,just been looking at Westviews schedule on this site.What in the world is this caliber of a team doing playing the likes of Milan,South Fulton and Jackson South Side?If your going to play area schools,what about Gleason?Are`nt those two schools close to each other?I guess by looking at their cream puff schedule,that solidifies why they should step up and play LA.

Maybe the reason they don't play each other is because the Gleason guys only have 8 players, three of which are freshman. It isn't fair for the gleason boys to get beat up by a very good 2A boys team just so gleason and westview girls can play each other. This isn't college football, no strength of schedule rankings. Plus they scrimmage/practice against each other once or twice so they can better themselves without having to embarass the guys. Regular season win-loss totals are for teams that have never won anything. State tournament records are the ones that count

If wins and loses are for teams who have never won anything, why do you keep padding your schedule and can't win the big game. I feel sorry for the girls who go in to the State Tourn. unprepared because of lack of season competition. Speaking of tournament records, how many gold balls has he brought to Westview? He has had several Division I players and still can't win. Is it playing???? or Coaching??? Just wondering. I hear other coaches have quit coming because they have to play the powerhouses while the host team plays the cream puffs???? ;)