State tournament refs

whoop

8 hours ago, hohmaster said:

No, this was payback to whoop, nearly word for word where he asked me how many teams I'd coached at the glasshouse when I made a comment about Bradley Central's girls coach not being able to win at State even with all the talent he has.  Whoop is obviously a Bradley Central homer, thus blaming the refs when they lose.  lol

I was a ref a long time ago, though.

Are you suggesting he had the most talent? More then Riverdale? Bradley lost most of their team from last year and returns to the final-4. Pretty good job if you ask me. Lost 1 game all year. Who’s your team? The team you pull for. I bet you don’t have the manhood to tell us!!!

2 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

careful people. I started asking about consistency from officials earlier in the year and got called hateful.

If you saw the Houston/Bradley game, and compared it to the Upperman/Macon game , you would say its not even close. I'm a Bradley boys supporter, but just ask around. The people in the know that were there. the ref Thomas Floyd has a bad game the night before in the Haywood/Gatlinburg game. I think he came out with a chip on his shoulder. Then we see what happens 24 hours later with Upperman coach running on the floor, grabbing refs by the arms and nothing, and I mean nothing was done. Same state, same town, same tournament, but to polar opposite ways of dealing with a coach. But guess what, Thomas Floyd got his pay check and players, parents, coaches end their season! Feel bad for Macon co. also.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

I watched every game at the state tournament.... the officiating with the exception of a few of the refs was pretty bad. It was worse than I can remember in years past.

I agree. What can we do about it? There has to be some accountability for the officials . As of now there is nothing. No fine, no your out of the state tournament , no nothing. From what I’ve heard they don’t even get addressed by TSSAA. Any suggestions (GC) ?

5 hours ago, GCPioneer said:
4 hours ago, whoop said:

I agree. What can we do about it? There has to be some accountability for the officials . As of now there is nothing. No fine, no your out of the state tournament , no nothing. From what I’ve heard they don’t even get addressed by TSSAA. Any suggestions (GC) ?

I watched every game at the state tournament.... the officiating with the exception of a few of the refs was pretty bad. It was worse than I can remember in years past.

Well here's the standard lines:" Why don't you sign up if you can do better!" or "They are doing it for the kids! "or even or even " You all just think you know the rules" 

Just be careful guys asking for accountability from officials because they you as fans, coaches, players and parents are the only ones accountability applies to so do not ask for consistency, ability or  accountability from officails

6 hours ago, whoop said:

Honestly, it's not my job to worry about how it gets fixed.... all I know is it needs to be fixed. I'm confident in saying that this was the worst officiating of any state tournament I've ever been to. I feel sorry for the teams that had those guys during the regular season.

I can promise you that there is accountability, but behind closed doors  The game tapes will be analyzed.  The officials will face the scruntity of their peers. Judgement calls are rarely questioned,but can be.  Misapplication of the rules gets a strong reaction from the powers that be.

1 hour ago, jimbo44 said:

I can promise you that there is accountability, but behind closed doors  The game tapes will be analyzed.  The officials will face the scruntity of their peers. Judgement calls are rarely questioned,but can be.  Misapplication of the rules gets a strong reaction from the powers that be.

Problem with that is no one knows, To everyone else it just life is not always fair answer. There should be some accountability that we see. Players high school seasons end and many will never play again. Sometimes because a offical is having a bad day or mad about something. No other profession would this be accepted .