Douglas vs Clay Co.

ecu

16 minutes ago, ecu said:

AAA games were boring while the A games were great. Clay much better than people on here gave them credit. #2 is a great player.

#2 was great and the rest of the team played very smart ball. Always in rebounding position, always in good defense position, no bad shots, and were scrappy as heck. 

8 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

Dont jinx us UCman! I hope they make it but all 4 teams in Monterey bracket are good teams!

I agree but after watching Douglas play who everyone said was soooooo much better I believe someone said by a mile, that Monterey is the favorite now. Having said that it doesn’t mean they will win but just based on what I’ve seen Monterey is the best team in the Class A tournament on paper but games aren’t won on paper. We shall see what tomorrow brings. 

46 minutes ago, terop said:

Monterey has their hands full tomorrow morning!

As does MASE. Should be a good one. Winner goes to the championship game IMO. Looks like District 6A and 16A were the two best districts in the state in Class A. District 6A will be loaded again next year as I’m sure Memphis will be as well. Clay Co doesn’t lose anyone and is adding an 8th grade class that never lost a game and won the middle school state championship. Who did they beat?  An 8th grade Pickett County team that hadn’t lost a game all year. Yeah District 6A will be a tough out for years to come. I see some great matchups between these two districts in the next several years. Clay was one point away from bringing home gold last year, this was their 4th year in a row being at the state tournament so next year should be the year they knock the door down and bring home the gold. Congrats to Douglas good luck the rest of the way

Edited by UCSportsFan

3 minutes ago, dogfn said:

clay county played great vs the recruits from Memphis  looked at their team had 11 seniors 1 jr ,1 fr .... sounds real fishy to me

Memphis is gonna be Memphis. T$$AA cannot police Memphis so it’s not even worth bringing up. Like I said earlier they change schools down there like we change underwear and there’s nothing ever said about it.  Douglas was AA last year but somehow got to move down since Mitchell had to move up. Next it will be Manassas’s turn to move back down as all the athletes will leave there since they aren’t winning anymore then they’ll move back. 

8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

As does MASE. Should be a good one. Winner is goes to the championship game IMO. Looks like District 6A and 16A were the two best districts in the state in Class A. District 6A will be loaded again next year as I’m sure Memphis will be as well. Clay Co doesn’t lose anyone and is adding an 8th grade class that never lost a game and won the middle school state championship. Who did they beat?  An 8th grade Pickett County team that hadn’t lost a game all year. Yeah District 6A will be a tough out for years to come. I see some great matchups between these two districts in the next several years. 

Sounds like Clay will be a force in the next few years. I don't think Memphis will be as tough next year in Single A. Does Monterey have enough size to slow Areko Gipson?

18 minutes ago, terop said:

Sounds like Clay will be a force in the next few years. I don't think Memphis will be as tough next year in Single A. Does Monterey have enough size to slow Areko Gipson?

They’ve got a really good big kid 6’7 and wide. Can post up and finish and take it outside and shoot the 3. No one around here can stop him on the block when he decides to post up. He’s a really good player and athlete. Another 6’4 player who is solid as well. He’s built like a middle linebacker so he’s a load to handle and moves well. So yeah they definitely have the size and the athletic ability to compete and win. Should be a great game. Monterey is 9 deep but better when they limit it to about 7 in the rotation. Coaches kid who runs the point is a nice player as is the Painter kid who’s about 6’2. 

Edited by UCSportsFan