T Perry to DCA

WaReAgLe3

13 hours ago, fb247 said:

no, never was a real candidate.

I can assure you everyone interviewed was a "real" candidate. To suggest otherwise is inaccurate. The process from the onset was to identify a final three (3) and that is where they appear to be. 

I have never seen this much excitement. Mainly because Coach Goodwin was head coach for 25 years. Now wildcat nation has to step up and help the next coach, and from what I am privy to, help is coming in a big way. 

29 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

I can assure you everyone interviewed was a "real" candidate. To suggest otherwise is inaccurate. The process from the onset was to identify a final three (3) and that is where they appear to be. 

I have never seen this much excitement. Mainly because Coach Goodwin was head coach for 25 years. Now wildcat nation has to step up and help the next coach, and from what I am privy to, help is coming in a big way. 

I do not think he interviewed , he did talk with them though

12 hours ago, fb247 said:

I do not think he interviewed , he did talk with them though

IF, big if, he met with the AD during the search that would constitute an interview. 

I would imagine an AD would meet and interview candidates just about anywhere as a courtesy to help provide anonymity for them? 

Regardless of who did, or didn't, interview the job opening was in high demand. 

This is my last post ITT. I do not know coach Perry but applaud him for a great season. His DC is a friend of mine and a great coach. 

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

IF, big if, he met with the AD during the search that would constitute an interview. 

I would imagine an AD would meet and interview candidates just about anywhere as a courtesy to help provide anonymity for them? 

Regardless of who did, or didn't, interview the job opening was in high demand. 

This is my last post ITT. I do not know coach Perry but applaud him for a great season. His DC is a friend of mine and a great coach. 

DC at MJ a great coach? 

24 minutes ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

Abner is a great defensive mind. DC at Beech for their last gold ball, lead defense in Glencliff Clinic Bowl run. Head coaching stints at Hunters Lane, and opened the doors a Cane Ridge. Won both places.

PANTHER PRIDE

Players won those games. Offense is what won the state championship at Beech and Glencliff went to finals on strength of offense  and it was very basic offense at that. HL was a disaster with him as Head coach and got fired at CR. Yea, he is a great coach.

30 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Nahh. Just understand football and coaching. Not every great coach is a HC. His DC results have been outstanding. He's done it for decades now and not just at one school. 

I'm giving credit where it's due.

Yeah absolutely Playerscoach. Sounds like someone is just eating sour grapes. HL was a .500 season and playoff appearance. Far from a disaster.

Abner's defense gave up 50 total points last season.... 50. Not 250... Not 150... Not 100..... But 50. With 7 shutouts. And 6 of them in a row to start off the season. Mic. Drop.

FB24/7: 

The fact that you bring up Waite shows how ridiculously out of touch you are. He isn't even the best coach on his staff. And NO ONE in Nashville has a more talented team that finishes 3-7 or 4-6 every year.

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Edited by DylanPanthers1

2 hours ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

Yeah absolutely Playerscoach. Sounds like someone is just eating sour grapes. HL was a .500 season and playoff appearance. Far from a disaster.

Abner's defense gave up 50 total points last season.... 50. Not 250... Not 150... Not 100..... But 50. With 7 shutouts. And 6 of them in a row to start off the season. Mic. Drop.

FB24/7: 

The fact that you bring up Waite shows how ridiculously out of touch you are. He isn't even the best coach on his staff. And NO ONE in Nashville has a more talented team that finishes 3-7 or 4-6 every year.

BIG MONEY BUDDY

The only person responsible for team's success or failure is the head coach. He is the only person that gets the win or loss.  Base anyone's real value as a coach to their own record as a head coach. If they are an assistant that is what they are an assist at best.

Edited by fb247

5 hours ago, fb247 said:

The only person responsible for team's success or failure is the head coach. He is the only person that gets the win or loss.  Base anyone's real value as a coach to their own record as a head coach. If they are an assistant that is what they are an assist at best.

Then why in the world would you mention Waite for the DCA job?

MOJO