Rodney Ellison resigns

92Dragon

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I agree. Matt isn't just going to come in and suddenly win 8-9 games a year. It took him a number of seasons before they really hit their stride during his first tenure.

I’m just basing it off the weak schedule and region that has been discussed. 7-8 wins minimum next year or it will be a disappointment.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, osunut2 said:

I agree. Matt isn't just going to come in and suddenly win 8-9 games a year. It took him a number of seasons before they really hit their stride during his first tenure.

Agree totally. That's true. They went to the playoffs his first couple of seasons, but were at around .500 seems like. They had an 8-3 team in 2008, but really got things going in 2010 & 2011.

If they can make the Playoffs early on this time around, that'd be a big success, in my opinion. I do hope that the community and fans give him time to get things where he wants them to be. There are some tough opponents on the schedule, as mentioned above.

Not to say that there aren't any great athletes playing for the Panthers now, but Mobley, McPhetridge or the Owenby's won't be at his first team meeting. I'll also be interested to see who all his assistant coaches will be.

13 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I’m just basing it off the weak schedule and region that has been discussed. 7-8 wins minimum next year or it will be a disappointment.

Overall, it is a pretty weak schedule, but I think 5-5 is a reasonable expectation in 2018. I doubt they will beat Oak Ridge, Fulton, or West. Campbell Co, SD, and Halls are probably a crap shoot, depending on what happens between now and the beginning of the season. I think they should be able to handle Cumberland Co, Clinton, Karns, and Lenoir City.

If they are going to make the playoffs, they'll have to beat one of the better teams in the region, which they couldn't do last year.

Edited by osunut2