Top 5 in 5A

Meeru

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Good write up. I did not realize Northeast had that much coming back. With their new RB transfer on top of all that they might end up being one of the better teams in the midstate. 

I didn't realize this either. NE may be a top 4 team actually. 

3 hours ago, gbrpats said:

I didn't realize this either. NE may be a top 4 team actually. 

Certainly possible. They were no slouch this past year. Easily the best team that we actually beat. 

I also honestly didn't know we had quite as much coming back as we do. 

Edited by MSURacer

22 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Certainly possible. They were no slouch this past year. Easily the best team that we actually beat. 

I also honestly didn't know we had quite as much coming back as we do. 

I know me either. Our defense should be very stout. Offense will be solid as always also. I expect a fun year!!! Do you know much about the teams we lost to last year? I know Beech will be a good test. What about Haywood and Germantown? Are they expected to be really good again? 

1 hour ago, gbrpats said:

I know me either. Our defense should be very stout. Offense will be solid as always also. I expect a fun year!!! Do you know much about the teams we lost to last year? I know Beech will be a good test. What about Haywood and Germantown? Are they expected to be really good again? 

I think Haywood will be stout as long as they have Liberty's old coach (whose name escapes me). I'm not sure what they have in the way of returnees, but one thing you can never question about that little town is its talent. Brownsville is the only place in West TN that has Memphis/Jackson caliber athletes outside of Memphis and Jackson. I would never take them lightly. 

No idea about Germantown, but it seems like I remember hearing they had a lot of seniors last year. They might revert to the mean this season, plus they are visiting our place.

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I think Haywood will be stout as long as they have Liberty's old coach (whose name escapes me). I'm not sure what they have in the way of returnees, but one thing you can never question about that little town is its talent. Brownsville is the only place in West TN that has Memphis/Jackson caliber athletes outside of Memphis and Jackson. I would never take them lightly. 

No idea about Germantown, but it seems like I remember hearing they had a lot of seniors last year. They might revert to the mean this season, plus they are visiting our place.

Ok thanks for the insight

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 7:59 AM, QB14 said:

I wanted to put Oak Ridge in West's spot, but I think West will be the better team this year. Region 3 is a toss up to me in all reality, and I would not be surprised if I'm wrong about the top teams. If I were to finish out the top 10, it would be:

6. Oak Ridge

7. Page

8. Munford

9. Rhea Co

10. Sevier Co

I agree with where you have us at 7.

NEHS lost 2 fine playmakers in Antoine and Cross.  Key is how they use Orr in their offense.  You have Freeman, a fullback that gained 1000 last year and Orr , a tailback that gained 1400 +/- vs. 6A competition.

Question is where do you get them enough carries for either to be the bell cow at RB. Another question is how do you lose 4 coaches off a staff that went to the playoffs?