Class AAA Region 6

Beagle

I got Camden to win it.A bounce back year for the Lions.

Talented Seniors with a big Junior class who played/started  a lot as sophomores. Several kids who run the ball with 2 stand outs IMHO

Time and a New off season program seems to have done the trick as they are much bigger and stronger than last season. Both scrimmages went very well. Had a couple of very talented kids starting school here this year one from Dresden is a big  kid with speed to burn His older step Brothers both played here the other isnt small and came from Waverly been playing with the starters in scrims.His older brother  was a 2 year starter for the Lions as well.

Jordan Murphy is home and helping/coaching the offensive line after 4 years playing LT at Martin thats a bonus as he brings the experience of playing line on the college level and was a high level player himself at Camden.BPM will remember the name. Big #75 on the 2010 team

Fairview is 1/a to win the district just because they are fairview.  I dont know anything about them except they lost a great RB and are well coached .

Cheatham   I like what the coach there does again i dont know much about them

Sycamore has a good defense every year seems like 

Harpeth

Stewart County 

Edited by Beagle

It's great to see Camden football is generating so much excitement this preseason.  Coach Ward and company really established a winning culture several years ago and since then Coach Blow and his staff have always done a great job and football is really loved in that area.  That Waverly game to open the regular season is going to be an awesome atmosphere.  

Hello to all the region 6 3a fans and posters. So glad football season is finally here!

I will refrain from making any predictions until I see Fairview jamboree against Cascade Thursday night. All I've seen of them is the scrimmage against Marshall County. They looked pretty good to me but they didn't exactly open up the playbook. The things I liked were-

The defense looked very quick and physical. 

The new QB has a big arm. 

The o-line averages over 300lb. Biggest line I've ever seen at Fairview. One guy is preseason all-state, another just won the state championship gold medal in wrestling.

We have a legit deep threat receiver that can catch a ball anywhere near him. 

Beyond that it will fall back to coaching and chemistry. We have plenty of size and athleticism. 

Edited by Swarm

9 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

It's great to see Camden football is generating so much excitement this preseason.  Coach Ward and company really established a winning culture several years ago and since then Coach Blow and his staff have always done a great job and football is really loved in that area.  That Waverly game to open the regular season is going to be an awesome atmosphere.  

They are stacked and looking for a run at a title. I would love it if we beat em  and it is for sure a measuring stick game for us.

18 hours ago, Beagle said:

I got Camden to win it.A bounce back year for the Lions.

Talented Seniors with a big Junior class who played/started  a lot as sophomores. Several kids who run the ball with 2 stand outs IMHO

Time and a New off season program seems to have done the trick as they are much bigger and stronger than last season. Both scrimmages went very well. Had a couple of very talented kids starting school here this year one from Dresden is a big  kid with speed to burn His older step Brothers both played here the other isnt small and came from Waverly been playing with the starters in scrims.His older brother  was a 2 year starter for the Lions as well.

Jordan Murphy is home and helping/coaching the offensive line after 4 years playing LT at Martin thats a bonus as he brings the experience of playing line on the college level and was a high level player himself at Camden.BPM will remember the name. Big #75 on the 2010 team

Fairview is 1/a to win the district just because they are fairview.  I dont know anything about them except they lost a great RB and are well coached .

Cheatham   I like what the coach there does again i dont know much about them

Sycamore has a good defense every year seems like 

Harpeth

Stewart County 

I’ll never forget that 2010 qtr final. Watching Murphy and Christian Coleman go up against each other all night was special. Those 2 kids were animals!!!

I fully expect Camden to be improved.  However, I still don't think they can get over Fairview.  Sycamore should be tough returning a good defense.  I see Camden to crawl their way back up to third and might finish second.   My surprise is Stewart Co. at 4.  I think they sneak in and get that last playoff spot this year.  They have a few pieces in place if things work in their favor.  Cheatham lost a lot off of last years squad and could very easily end up at 4 but I think SC gets by them to place them at 5.  Don't know much about Harpeth other than what has been said here, 

Fairview
Sycamore
Camden
Stewart Co.
Cheatham
Harpeth

21 minutes ago, Fan15 said:

Is Camden supposed to be that much improved Plugged?  I know they were down last year and should be some better but if they beat Fairview, it will surprise me.

As I understand Camden has a couple transfers, upgrades at assistant coach, and a new offensive scheme. They were "down last year" but I wouldn't be surprised to see them bounce WAY back at all. I don't think for a second they forgot how to win over there. One player and good chemistry can make all the difference. 

Having said that, I still say Fairview goes undefeated in the region if they stay healthy. They still have good power and speed but are not very deep. I think Camden, Sycamore, and Cheatham County will be 2, 3, and 4. In no particular order. 

Don't Sleep on them Cheatham boys! They lost a really good QB, but I'm sure their coaching staff and their system will have them right back in the hunt. They should be right in the mix for that #2 spot. I see the 2, 3 and 4 spots being really close though. Based on roster size, it will be hard for Harpeth to compete over 4 Qtrs of football, but they may surprise a team or two. They surprised me at Jamboree. They will be tough and have heart, but the gas tank will empty after half time I'm afraid. Sycamore is like a box of chocolates...Ya never know what your gonna get, lol. 

1. Fairview (massive line,new transfer at qb, and player of the year in Harris-lusk).

2. Sycamore( 2 all mid state def players,made qb switch last year and he's had a yr to grow, battle tested. FYI the Sullivan and Hampton can play). I think this team will surprise this year.

3. Cheatham ( new qb but very difficult scheme to get ready for, #34 can take it to the house, d line should be very good this yr). 

4. Camden (14 returning starters, 900 yd rusher returning in Story,difficult schedule outside of region though). They could very well finish 3rd.

5. Stewart( 7 starters return on both sides of ball)

6. Harpeth( Gossett kid is a player but lost entire line to graduation, had alot of youngsters play last year so could move into 4 spot).

Fairview will not be challenged in this region though for the 2nd yr in a row.

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!