DB BAND VS. OAK RIDGE FOOTBALL

WaCoJaCo

43 minutes ago, theoldfootballman said:

Is DB's offense going to be more efficient this week against OR?  Haven't heard much about OR defense this season. Is OR quarterback decent with good handed receivers?  Just curious as the green devils last week killed in the passing game with basically no resistance from DB defensive backs. 

In all fairness,that was some of the best passing I've seen around here ,maybe ever.Greeneville was hot last friday and could have beat most teams the way they played.We will get a better clue as to how good DB is this week.

2 hours ago, theoldfootballman said:

Is DB's offense going to be more efficient this week against OR?  Haven't heard much about OR defense this season. Is OR quarterback decent with good handed receivers?  Just curious as the green devils last week killed in the passing game with basically no resistance from DB defensive backs. 

The strongest area on Oak Ridge's team is speedy athletic skill players. The strongest unit on the team is the Defense where those fast athletes line up. Were are small, inexperienced and thin on the DL, however they played pretty good last week and did a much better job than most people thought they would. I was VERY PROUD of their effort. The LBs are very mobile and hostile. One is a Murphy Fair Preseason All-State selection and another one is a solid tackler who started last year as a sophomore. The DBs are very fast with a nose for the football. Not a lot of depth back there yet but there will be as the season rolls along. All in all, not a defense that will scare you as they get off the bus but will hit you and make sure tackles.

The QB started his first game last week. Known more for his running ability but threw well. He scored with his feet and arm. No he is not like the Greeneville QB but who in Tennessee is? As for the WRs, it goes back to the fast athletes. They all can catch then break it to the house. The running game is potentially very dangerous. It all depends on how quickly the OL can mature into a solid unit. The line will never be big and over powering but they just have to hold their block just long enough for the backs to race by. I think they played much better than people thought they would last week. 

I am looking for a good game tomorrow. I expect a typical strong DB team to show up. I seriously doubt either team will win by a lot. My pick is the small, fast, solid and well coached Wildcats to win 23 - 14. Remember though, I don't know much about football. I just like to read my own writing.

Drive safe everybody, stay healthy players and enjoy a special night of tradition rich Tennessee high school football.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The strongest area on Oak Ridge's team is speedy athletic skill players. The strongest unit on the team is the Defense where those fast athletes line up. Were are small, inexperienced and thin on the DL, however they played pretty good last week and did a much better job than most people thought they would. I was VERY PROUD of their effort. The LBs are very mobile and hostile. One is a Murphy Fair Preseason All-State selection and another one is a solid tackler who started last year as a sophomore. The DBs are very fast with a nose for the football. Not a lot of depth back there yet but there will be as the season rolls along. All in all, not a defense that will scare you as they get off the bus but will hit you and make sure tackles.

The QB started his first game last week. Known more for his running ability but threw well. He scored with his feet and arm. No he is not like the Greeneville QB but who in Tennessee is? As for the WRs, it goes back to the fast athletes. They all can catch then break it to the house. The running game is potentially very dangerous. It all depends on how quickly the OL can mature into a solid unit. The line will never be big and over powering but they just have to hold their block just long enough for the backs to race by. I think they played much better than people thought they would last week. 

I am looking for a good game tomorrow. I expect a typical strong DB team to show up. I seriously doubt either team will win by a lot. My pick is the small, fast, solid and well coached Wildcats to win 23 - 14. Remember though, I don't know much about football. I just like to read my own writing.

Drive safe everybody, stay healthy players and enjoy a special night of tradition rich Tennessee high school football.

That's pretty good for somebody that doesn't know much about the game.DB can be a better offense then we seen last week.They have some big boys up front and it won't take long to know where they like to run the ball.The QB has a good arm and has good size.They made some good plays last week and this week should be able to pound out some yards on the ground and test your pass defense,I would think.The DB defense "may "line up a little better then against Greeneville because of the Devils passing game.Number 1,I would expect OR to test the DB pass defense or they must be one heck of a running team.2,if they are not one heck of a running team and don't test the pass defense,they need a new coach or two.Should be a great game and best of luck to both with no injuries.

9 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Has anyone told the BAND they basically get their funds and excuse for existence because of Football?

Other than that, they can be replaced by CD's or the radio!

Pulling for OR in this one.

Just for grins and giggles, someone run the band up and down the steps a couple of times.  LOL

It's not that way in Kingsport any more. It's the other way around. 

39 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Has anyone told the BAND they basically get their funds and excuse for existence because of Football?

Other than that, they can be replaced by CD's or the radio!

Pulling for OR in this one.

Just for grins and giggles, someone run the band up and down the steps a couple of times.  LOL

Thanks for your support and good luck to your Warriors.