Franklin County @ La Vergne?

delusional32

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually old John Overton is yet to score a point this season and Stewie would love to pitch a shutout at their place this Friday I would guess but won't guarantee it will happen.  Between Overton and Antioch this season and McGavock having lost their fast tailback to Blackman... if LHS can't get ONE win besides the guaranteed W against WCHS, that would be really bad.  And dropping down to play a 3a also-ran should not be allowed.  TSSAA needs to step in and help with scheduling even if they have to force some schools to drop games and pickup others.  Isn't the TSSAA a private organization?  They can operate as they see fit and tell people "tough luck" if they don't like it?  

10 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Actually old John Overton is yet to score a point this season and Stewie would love to pitch a shutout at their place this Friday I would guess but won't guarantee it will happen.  Between Overton and Antioch this season and McGavock having lost their fast tailback to Blackman... if LHS can't get ONE win besides the guaranteed W against WCHS, that would be really bad.  And dropping down to play a 3a also-ran should not be allowed.  TSSAA needs to step in and help with scheduling even if they have to force some schools to drop games and pickup others.  Isn't the TSSAA a private organization?  They can operate as they see fit and tell people "tough luck" if they don't like it?  

McGavock beat Lavergne last year when both had better teams so no guarantees. Both are down so who knows.

I watched Overton vs Mt. Juliet they are better than last year don't let the score fool you they played much better than I expected in that game. They drove the field on Mt. Juliet 3-4 times and just couldn't punch it in and that Mt. Juliet team has some big time playmakers on both sides of the ball that was the difference. You take that Grimes kid off the field in that game and that is probably a real close ball game without him blocking kicks and getting big runs. Mt. Juliet couldn't do much of anything on offense in the 1st half aside from a couple runs by Grimes.

I seen their first game as well and it was the same way they just couldn't finish drives.

Edited by steelcityroller

I thought MJ has several other top-100 in the state rated kids besides Grimes.  Other than Oakland and Blackman and B.A./CPA, would they not be one of the best of the rest right now on sheer talent?

If Overton "kind sorta" hung with MJ, that's not bad.  Stewie (I think?) get the regular QB back this week (no concussion?)  thus I would still take the Hawks as a solid road favorite.  Maybe 24-7 or so.  At least 21-7.  Maybe as much as 28-7.  David Martin might be playing the 10th grade QB too thus setting up a couple of really good future seasons of experienced Wing-t execution.  It's not the easiest offense for young kids to master.  That program seems on the verge but needs one difference maker athlete they haven't had yet.  One of these years.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

2 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

I thought MJ has several other top-100 in the state rated kids besides Grimes.  Other than Oakland and Blackman and B.A./CPA, would they not be one of the best of the rest right now on sheer talent?

If Overton "kind sorta" hung with MJ, that's not bad.  Stewie (I think?) get the regular QB back this week (no concussion?)  thus I would still take the Hawks as a solid road favorite.  Maybe 24-7 or so.  At least 21-7.  Maybe as much as 28-7.  David Martin might be playing the 10th grade QB too thus setting up a couple of really good future seasons of experienced Wing-t execution.  It's not the easiest offense for young kids to master.  That program seems on the verge but needs one difference maker athlete they haven't had yet.  One of these years.

I seen two kids for Mt. Juliet making most of the plays on both sides of the ball. Grimes and a DB I can't remember his name. I wasn't too impressed by anybody else considering they were playing Overton. On offense Grimes was either getting big runs or paving the way for others to get runs. On defense Grimes was just running through guys like they weren't even there and blowing up plays.