Middleton @ Wayne County

wildcat89

On 8/25/2018 at 12:23 PM, wildcat89 said:

Middleton is coming in off a big win and WC is coming in off of an embarrassing loss to Stown, will WC use the loss as motivation and start playing ball or tuck their head between their legs and keep playing awful

Well we can't look past any team at this point, these young men must get on the right track this week, because it gets alot tougher real soon!

22 hours ago, IMAWCFAN said:

Well we can't look past any team at this point, these young men must get on the right track this week, because it gets alot tougher real soon!

You won't learn anything this week, but if you do happen to struggle with Middleton, it might be a long year. The Tigers have loads stacked upon loads of talent in the school, but it's a basketball school ONLY. I've said for years that they have South Pittsburg athletes available, but no interest in football.

I will start off by saying I enjoyed the trip to Wayne County last night.  They are a first class program and are what small town high school football should be like. 

Middleton is much improved over last year but still are nowhere near the level of WC. They were able to hang in there for a little while, the score was 24-22 with 4 minutes to go until the half, but then Wayne County pulled away.  

Middleton is a young team with only 6 seniors.  QB is a soph who made some sophomore mistakes but I think he will turn out to be pretty good when it’s all said and done. 

Good luck to Wayne County the rest of the way. 

Thanks and glad you enjoyed our little stadium by the creek, lots of people complain about it but it's a special place to most of us who was raised up here. I will say I like the fight in the Middleton boys, they're a scrappy bunch that never quit from start to finish, good luck to y'all the rest of the way also