Whitehaven vs Lausanne, Friday, Wk 4, at Rhodes College

kwc

On 9/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, BlackHavenSenator said:

The lack of creativity, consistency offensively along with no solid qb play is the reason we lost this game. If the QB can't throw a drag, slant, stop, or curl (I say that because I don't recall seeing these throws called) please find another QB OR run more read option. Stop asking dude to throw deep outs and deep balls like he's Jeff George. 

I strongly disagree with the highlighted. VJ has been stellar. He's thrown 6 TDs to 2 INTs to date.  According to Shelby Metro Sports website on the 'Stats before the September 6-8 Games' he has performed solidly. Below are how his stats rate amoungst all of Shelby County. His percentage of completions could be higher, but I've seen his WRs drop passes that hit them in their hands. That isn't on the QB. Those were catchable balls ... not bullets thrown at point blank range or anything like that. I have seen stops and intermediate out patterns. No curls or slants. I personally don't think another QB is needed. VJ is doing well and connecting on the pass plays he needs to connect on. The stats below speak for themselves. We will have to agree to disagree, but, I am going to 'Go to Bat' for the QB.

Most passing touchdowns

Name

School

#

Jaden Johnson

Kirby

Rube Scott Rhea

Fayette Academy

Spencer Smith

St George's

Austin Wiley

Cordova

Rhodes Carson

Arlington

Vincent Guy

Whitehaven

Sellers Shy

MUS

Ethan Burns

Houston

Sky Forrest

Lausanne

Nick Johnson

Brighton

John Jones

Wooddale

Preston Raines

Bartlett

Mitch Austin

Collierville

Jesse Komoroski

St Benedict

Brock Lomax

Covington

Owens McConnell

West Memphis

Ethan Payne

Germantown

Passing

Name

School

COM

ATT

YDS

PCT

TD/INT

Spencer Smith

St. George's

7/1

Ethan Payne

Germantown

3/3

Preston Raines

Bartlett

4/6

Mitch Austin

Collierville

3/2

Rhodes Carson

Arlington

6/0

Austin Wiley

Cordova

7/3

Nick Johnson

Brighton

5/3

Vincent Guy

Whitehaven

6/2

Rube Scott Rhea

Fayette Academy

7/1

Sky Forrest

Lausanne

5/0

Brock Lomax

Covington

3/1

Sellers Shy

MUS

6/0

Derick Tucker

Manassas

1/0

Cole Catledge

Olive Branch

2/3

Jesse Komoroski

St Benedict

3/3

Daedrick Cail

Marion

2/2

Jordan Martin

Freedom Prep

1/3

Drew Lyons

White Station

2/0

Edited by kwc

22 minutes ago, kwc said:

I strongly disagree with the highlighted. VJ has been stellar. He's thrown 6 TDs to 2 INTs to date.  According to Shelby Metro Sports website on the 'Stats before the September 6-8 Games' he has performed solidly. Below are how his stats rate amoungst all of Shelby County. His percentage of completions could be higher, but I've seen his WRs drop passes that hit them in their hands. That isn't on the QB. Those were catchable balls ... not bullets thrown at point blank range or anything like that. I have seen stops and intermediate out patterns. No curls or slants. I personally don't think another QB is needed. VJ is doing well and connecting on the pass plays he needs to connect on. The stats below speak for themselves. We will have to agree to disagree, but, I am going to 'Go to Bat' for the QB.

Most passing touchdowns

Name

School

#

Jaden Johnson

Kirby

Rube Scott Rhea

Fayette Academy

Spencer Smith

St George's

Austin Wiley

Cordova

Rhodes Carson

Arlington

Vincent Guy

Whitehaven

Sellers Shy

MUS

Ethan Burns

Houston

Sky Forrest

Lausanne

Nick Johnson

Brighton

John Jones

Wooddale

Preston Raines

Bartlett

Mitch Austin

Collierville

Jesse Komoroski

St Benedict

Brock Lomax

Covington

Owens McConnell

West Memphis

Ethan Payne

Germantown

Passing

Name

School

COM

ATT

YDS

PCT

TD/INT

Spencer Smith

St. George's

7/1

Ethan Payne

Germantown

3/3

Preston Raines

Bartlett

4/6

Mitch Austin

Collierville

3/2

Rhodes Carson

Arlington

6/0

Austin Wiley

Cordova

7/3

Nick Johnson

Brighton

5/3

Vincent Guy

Whitehaven

6/2

Rube Scott Rhea

Fayette Academy

7/1

Sky Forrest

Lausanne

5/0

Brock Lomax

Covington

3/1

Sellers Shy

MUS

6/0

Derick Tucker

Manassas

1/0

Cole Catledge

Olive Branch

2/3

Jesse Komoroski

St Benedict

3/3

Daedrick Cail

Marion

2/2

Jordan Martin

Freedom Prep

1/3

Drew Lyons

White Station

2/0

Kwc I agree with everything you have stated and posted, however, the lack of creativity on offense, in my opinion, is indeed open for debate.  The offense is productive against most teams merely due to the level of talent on the team, but as you get into the playoffs, schemes are vital from round to round.  You can’t just win on talent alone.  Teams like Maryville proves this point.  The lack of creativity is what got them beat in the playoffs against Cane Ridge.  Although Cane Ridge has the same issue. 

16 minutes ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Kwc I agree with everything you have stated and posted, however, the lack of creativity on offense, in my opinion, is indeed open for debate.  The offense is productive against most teams merely due to the level of talent on the team, but as you get into the playoffs, schemes are vital from round to round.  You can’t just win on talent alone.  Teams like Maryville proves this point.  The lack of creativity is what got them beat in the playoffs against Cane Ridge.  Although Cane Ridge has the same issue. 

Reneg8d1:

I only disagreed with BHS's assessment of the QB's consistency. He stated that the QB's play wasn't "solid". I went to bat for the QB's play in all of this.

I am NOT debating "offensive creativity". 

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Reneg8d1:

I only disagreed with BHS's assessment of the QB's consistency. He stated that the QB's play wasn't "solid". I went to bat for the QB's play in all of this.

I am NOT debating "offensive creativity". 

Agreed kwc. Moot point anyway at this stage of the season as they are what they are.  

3 minutes ago, BTOTW1617 said:

I know its a little late but is no one going to discuss how terrible the officiating was?! That kid was AT LEAST 3 yards out of bounds and they called it complete!!!

I've learned over the years that officiating is difficult and a lot of times they just get stuff wrong. I use to think that the officials had something against Whitehaven. If you ask fans of every school, you will get the same answer. All officials hate every school. Just ask the fans who go to the games.

Yeah, they blew that call. It's not the first, won't be the last. It happens. I've griped and complained in the past. But I've come to realize ... those guys actually do the best they can when they are out there. Some have attitudes with certain coaches and whatnot ... but overall, they try their best to call a fair game. They aren't perfect, and they miss calls from time to time. It's part of the game. I don't sweat it anymore. For every egregious call that goes against my team, there will be one for my team. I don't get worked up about officiating anymore like I use to.