Lewis Co. At Eagleville

ddaddy

Against Camden Webb had 2 carries for 12 yards just in case you cant do math that's 6 yards per carry average. Then the "Quarterback" had 10 solo tackles and 4 assists, LC plays as a team then they will lose as a team, you wont see high numbers from any one player on this team they have alot of talent across the board. Also you will never be harder on Webb than he is himself but I will hitch my wagon to him any day especially on friday nights, see you at the game.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

you're right. if someone has a bad game we should flog them on national TV sundays a noon. they should NEVER be considered worth anything again. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH "11AA" for setting us, the entire planet, heck, the galaxy, straight

At what point did I flog the kid? Seriously?

You were going on about how great he is, and someone else said you have a bromance with him. I will be the first to say that I do not follow your 5-AA group. I keep up with Waverly for obvious reasons and I don't miss many Camden games. But, I have heard alot about the Cobb kid over the last couple of years and I have some acquaintences in Lewis county, so I have read some of the posts. I have seen Webb play a grand total of 2 games. My "flogging" was stating a fact that from what he showed in the Camden game is he wasnt the best player on his team that night much less his region. It was only one game. I am sure that he has had better games, probably every game other than Camden for all I know. I will check his stats if they are on digital scout or maxx preps and see.  Everybody getting all upset because I made the comment that he was not impressive against Camden and all the LC people on the board were talking smack about how the were going to drill the lions. He is athletic, but putting it out there that he is the best in your region put expectations on him, and it didnt show in Camden that night. Good luck to all you guys over there chasing Columbia academy, and good luck to the teams that come in 2 and 4 when they know the get rewarded with Waverly. The winner of Waverly and Ca will probably co to the championship.

Here’s the facts; Webb is the leader of this offense. What some can’t understand is he has a stable of players around him which allows him to spread the ball around. Example was last night (absolute respect for Eagleville) during OT LC loaded up and held Cobb at bay. With 2 RB’s & a receiver over 100 yds it wasn’t all on Webb, but he lead the offense and made all the plays to keep things rolling. 

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

Here’s the facts; Webb is the leader of this offense. What some can’t understand is he has a stable of players around him which allows him to spread the ball around. Example was last night (absolute respect for Eagleville) during OT LC loaded up and held Cobb at bay. With 2 RB’s & a receiver over 100 yds it wasn’t all on Webb, but he lead the offense and made all the plays to keep things rolling. 

It was definitely a team effort. It was a back and forth game all night, one of the games that felt like whoever had the ball at the end of the game would win. In the first overtime the LC defense was solid on Cobb for 3 downs and was 1 play from ending it, but Cobb found his open receiver and made the throw. In the second overtime, the LC defense again shut down Cobb and forced a tough throw into coverage that was intercepted in the end zone. Lewis County's run game asserted itself, as it had a large portion of the game, in both overtime periods and sealed the win.

The final 2 minutes of regulation and both OT periods were some exciting minutes of football. Like you said, Webb has so many skill players around him he is not forced to carry the load. He is the engine for the machine. LC has had so many scoring drives this year that have been less than 5 plays and over 50 yards because of the speed of the backs and the effectiveness of the offense. Cobb is a great talent, a quarterback that is a huge RPO threat every snap, and is an efficient passer.  They are quite different players, so tough to judge between them. If someone is looking for top players in the region, i honestly think Lewis County has multiple players I would put in the top 10 to 15. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1