Lebanon at Hendersonville

CommandoPride1478

Who wins? Huge matchup in region 4-6a this Friday. Commandos looking to avenge a disappointing loss to Lebanon last season.  This game has major implications on determining region title hopes and playoff seeds for both teams.  Winner has a clear path to 2 seed at worst.

Lebanon has some MONSTERS on defense and crazy athletic QB.  Commandos have their running game rolling strong and defense is getting better by the week. Commandos will have to mix it up and work in some passes to keep Lebanon from loading up against the run.  Will be a huge test for Commando  QB and offensive line. I believe they are up to the task.

Not ready to make prediction yet but I do think whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win the game.  Looking forward to a great game.  Go Commandos!!

40 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Who wins? Huge matchup in region 4-6a this Friday. Commandos looking to avenge a disappointing loss to Lebanon last season.  This game has major implications on determining region title hopes and playoff seeds for both teams.  Winner has a clear path to 2 seed at worst.

Lebanon has some MONSTERS on defense and crazy athletic QB.  Commandos have their running game rolling strong and defense is getting better by the week. Commandos will have to mix it up and work in some passes to keep Lebanon from loading up against the run.  Will be a huge test for Commando  QB and offensive line. I believe they are up to the task.

Not ready to make prediction yet but I do think whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win the game.  Looking forward to a great game.  Go Commandos!!

I have been very impressed with the Qb play from number 2. Kids got a good arm. That being said i agree that it will come to what Hendersonville can do on offense to disrupt the Lebanon defense. 

45 minutes ago, Yalfan said:

I have been very impressed with the Qb play from number 2. Kids got a good arm. That being said i agree that it will come to what Hendersonville can do on offense to disrupt the Lebanon defense. 

He has done a really good job so far.  Runs the offense extremely well.  An added weapon is when he runs the ball. Runs the option great when those plays are called.  

• Upvote 1

This should be one of the best games in Middle TN this week (it's a close call with Brentwood @ Ravenwood). Huge Region implications like you said, as the winner likely gets a home playoff game. I've been very impressed with both of these coaching staffs. The new Hendersonville staff hasn't missed a beat from Hatfield's regime, and the Lebanon staff under Gentry has worked miracles over there. There has truly been a culture change at LHS, which was not an easy task. This game is too close to make a prediction yet...but I'm leaning towards Lebanon

I will go with Lebanon, they are the more physical team while Hendersonville is more of a finesse team out of the wing T.  Commandos will be unable to block the big DL Logue consistently and I don’t think they can stop the Lebanon offense enough.  Blackman scored 28,  Centennial 26 and Beech 27 so that tells me they don’t beat the Blue Devils.  

You have a Hendersonville offense that has scored 52, 40 and 45 the last 3 weeks against Centennial, Station Camp and Beech.

You have a Lebanon defense that has allowed 12, 8, 14 and 7 through the first 4 games against Trousdale County, McGavock, Mt. Juliet and Lavergne. They also have forced 14 turnovers, blocked a punt and a field goal in those games.

So it sets up a classic offense vs defense matchup.

My issue here is on the other side of that matchup.

Hendersonville allowed 28 to Blackman the first game of the year. That team has since scored +40 every game since and might every game the rest of the year aside from Oakland. They have some major athletes on that team.

They allowed 26 to Centennial. They allowed 14 to Station Camp. And they allowed 27 to Beech but it has to be noted that almost all of that was in garbage time as I believe it was 45-7 in the 4th quarter.

So between the Blackman game and those against Station Camp and Beech I feel like there is at least a showing of a respectable defense for Hendersonville.

Now on to Lebanon's offense.

They have scored 16, 16, 10 and 30 in the first 4 games. They scored 16 on Trousdale County, 16 on McGavock, 10 on Mt. Juliet and 30 on Lavergne.

Against Trousdale County they had 273 yards and 169 (both touchdowns) of it came on 3 plays. So 104 yards on the other 40 plays. They got a field goal when a TC RB dropped the ball inside the 20 and Lebanon was unable to gain anything and just kicked a field goal.

Against McGavock they had 228 yards and 121 of it came on 2 plays. So 107 yards on the other 42 plays. They scored 16 points in this game and 8 of it came on a 5-yard drive after a turnover.

Against Mt. Juliet they had 60 yards. They had a field goal on a drive where they started off on the 10 after a turnover. They created 5 turnovers and a blocked punt. And only scored 10 points.

I don't have the stats for the Lebanon vs Lavergne game.... But I do know that the first 7 possessions of the game (alternating between teams) were interception, interception, punt, fumble, safety, punt and interception. Against a Lavergne team that is 0-4 and has lost by a combined score of 178-51 through 4 games.

So this is a team that has scored 72 points in 4 games. And 23 of those points have come on drives where they started off inside the 10 after a turnover.

So how many points can Lebanon realistically be expected to score in this game?

What does their defense have to hold Hendersonville to to win this game?

I think Hendersonville will be the best offensive team they have played yet this season. And they also have to be at least as good if not better on defense than McGavock and Lavergne. And 14 points isn't gonna get a win this week.

Hendersonville 21

Lebanon 7

27 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

You have a Hendersonville offense that has scored 52, 40 and 45 the last 3 weeks against Centennial, Station Camp and Beech.

You have a Lebanon defense that has allowed 12, 8, 14 and 7 through the first 4 games against Trousdale County, McGavock, Mt. Juliet and Lavergne. They also have forced 14 turnovers, blocked a punt and a field goal in those games.

So it sets up a classic offense vs defense matchup.

My issue here is on the other side of that matchup.

Hendersonville allowed 28 to Blackman the first game of the year. That team has since scored +40 every game since and might every game the rest of the year aside from Oakland. They have some major athletes on that team.

They allowed 26 to Centennial. They allowed 14 to Station Camp. And they allowed 27 to Beech but it has to be noted that almost all of that was in garbage time as I believe it was 45-7 in the 4th quarter.

So between the Blackman game and those against Station Camp and Beech I feel like there is at least a showing of a respectable defense for Hendersonville.

Now on to Lebanon's offense.

They have scored 16, 16, 10 and 30 in the first 4 games. They scored 16 on Trousdale County, 16 on McGavock, 10 on Mt. Juliet and 30 on Lavergne.

Against Trousdale County they had 273 yards and 169 (both touchdowns) of it came on 3 plays. So 104 yards on the other 40 plays. They got a field goal when a TC RB dropped the ball inside the 20 and Lebanon was unable to gain anything and just kicked a field goal.

Against McGavock they had 228 yards and 121 of it came on 2 plays. So 107 yards on the other 42 plays. They scored 16 points in this game and 8 of it came on a 5-yard drive after a turnover.

Against Mt. Juliet they had 60 yards. They had a field goal on a drive where they started off on the 10 after a turnover. They created 5 turnovers and a blocked punt. And only scored 10 points.

I don't have the stats for the Lebanon vs Lavergne game.... But I do know that the first 7 possessions of the game (alternating between teams) were interception, interception, punt, fumble, safety, punt and interception. Against a Lavergne team that is 0-4 and has lost by a combined score of 178-51 through 4 games.

So this is a team that has scored 72 points in 4 games. And 23 of those points have come on drives where they started off inside the 10 after a turnover.

So how many points can Lebanon realistically be expected to score in this game?

What does their defense have to hold Hendersonville to to win this game?

I think Hendersonville will be the best offensive team they have played yet this season. And they also have to be at least as good if not better on defense than McGavock and Lavergne. And 14 points isn't gonna get a win this week.

Hendersonville 21

Lebanon 7

Very good info in this post. If hendersonville’s Defense plays like they did last week i think Lebanon will struggle to put up more than 7. 

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

I will go with Lebanon, they are the more physical team while Hendersonville is more of a finesse team out of the wing T.  Commandos will be unable to block the big DL Logue consistently and I don’t think they can stop the Lebanon offense enough.  Blackman scored 28,  Centennial 26 and Beech 27 so that tells me they don’t beat the Blue Devils.  

I truly wish they would move away from the wing t but hey if it aint broke dont fix it. 

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Physicality usually isn’t a problem with Hendersonville teams.. it sure as heck isn’t with this one. I’ve seen a lot of Hendersonville football games, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone refer to them as being “finesse”