Northside (Jackson) vs Dyersburg

Trojan1976

5 hours ago, dhstennis said:

Wth??? Haywood’s schedule is clearly more difficult.

No there are absolutely not 2 more teams better than Henry county in their district? 

Yes coaches schedule creampuffs to help the team gel in different aspects of the game. 

Coaches such as Hookfin do the same thing by showing their kids adversity against tougher competition. 

Both ways work.  No one can argue against Hookfin’s results since he began coaching high school just over a decade ago.  Stowe is awesome and a legend in his own right, but I’ve never heard anyone calling for Hookfin to step down as has happened under Stowe once or twice in a blue moon.  

When the folks in Brownsville ousted Stowe they got a glimpse of what life is like without a quality coach for a handful off years. 

A regular season win might get you home field advantage. Always a blessing, but if you get beat in the playoffs by the Tomcats...who actually had the better season? 

Congratulations on a huge win.  I hope the momentum carries the Trojans very far.  Winning in September doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win in November.  Dyersburg knows that all to well, and they’ve handed Hookfin an early exit in the postseason a few years back.

"OUSTED"???? Might want to check on that one. Hookfin is definitely a respected coach, as is Stowe...how this degraded into a who's the better coach, or how to better schedule isn't clear. Also isn't clear whether the Tomcats will "oust" the Trojans from the playoffs later. What is clear so far ( to those of us in the know ) is that Coach Stowe wasn't ousted from his job at Brownsville, and that D'burg blasted Haywood Friday night, causing a Tomcat fan to be a little bit butthurt and "explain" away the relevance of the game.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

"OUSTED"???? Might want to check on that one. Hookfin is definitely a respected coach, as is Stowe...how this degraded into a who's the better coach, or how to better schedule isn't clear. Also isn't clear whether the Tomcats will "oust" the Trojans from the playoffs later. What is clear so far ( to those of us in the know ) is that Coach Stowe wasn't ousted from his job at Brownsville, and that D'burg blasted Haywood Friday night, causing a Tomcat fan to be a little bit butthurt and "explain" away the relevance of the game.

I was at the Dyersburg vs Haywood game and will be there tonight to see them play N Side. Haywood got completely dismantled. Not even close. Yes miracles happen all the time but I can’t see Haywood beating Dyersburg this season if they played 100 times. Score could have been a lot worse. Hope they play the same against N Side. 

2 hours ago, Trojan1976 said:

This is the JNS vs DYERSBURG..topic...the other game is over lets move on.. Any predictions for tonight?

My most sincere and humble apology to you good Sir. If you'll be so gracious as to forgive me for forgetting myself and interjecting dialogue contributing to the furtherance of an OBVIOUSLY archaic conversation, I will humbly attempt to make amends to you for my oversight by engaging myself with the query at hand...Dyersburg triumphs in their contest against Northside (Jackson).

LOL...don't be mad, I couldn't resist. Tech's waterboy implied that your coach was fired by Haywood, which was untrue.

• Upvote 1

No problem Trader Two it waa starting to look like the conversation was going south and I wanted to redirect everyone to this wks game.   Appreciate your thoughts, we need a little humor here sometimes.  Exactly, Coach Stowe was hired by us (DHS), and at the time I wasnt feeling the hire, because he wasnt creating a lot of good teams in Brownsville. I think his first two yrs here were lackluster performances by his DHS Teams  and there was grumbling, but around year 3 , Coach got things going in the right direction.

Edited by Trojan1976

1 hour ago, Trojan1976 said:

No problem Trader Two it waa starting to look like the conversation was going south and I wanted to redirect everyone to this wks game.   Appreciate your thoughts, we need a little humor here sometimes.  Exactly, Coach Stowe was hired by us (DHS), and at the time I wasnt feeling the hire, because he wasnt creating a lot of good teams in Brownsville. I think his first two yrs here were lackluster performances by his DHS Teams  and there was grumbling, but around year 3 , Coach got things going in the right direction.

Go back and look for a trend when he was at Haywood...in a 'couple of seasons, he was beaten during the regular season by a team that the Tomcats beat in the playoffs. Barring injury, all teams should get better as the season progresses, but to go from being outclassed to being the better team speaks well of coaching. I chose my words carefully there...in one season, Mitchell had clearly the better talent (QB was awesome), and beat Haywood pretty easily in the second game of the year...Haywood eliminated them from the playoffs later, but you could still see that Mitchell had more "talent".

For this week, I think the Trojans will be down a bit...kids are kids, and a win like last week invites a lull in self motivation. Last weeks Trojans would hammer NS...this weeks version is good enough to win, by how much depends upon them.

Edit

I was wrong about Mitchell...it was Sheffield, and the next season it was Dyer County. Two "bad" losses early avenged in the playoffs.

Edited by tradertwo

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

My most sincere and humble apology to you good Sir. If you'll be so gracious as to forgive me for forgetting myself and interjecting dialogue contributing to the furtherance of an OBVIOUSLY archaic conversation, I will humbly attempt to make amends to you for my oversight by engaging myself with the query at hand...Dyersburg triumphs in their contest against Northside (Jackson).

LOL...don't be mad, I couldn't resist. Tech's waterboy implied that your coach was fired by Haywood, which was untrue.

The water boy comment had me rolling for hours. Lol!!!  Don’t think you know how true that statement used to be but now he is the water distribution engineer  for another team!!!

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was at the Dyersburg vs Haywood game and will be there tonight to see them play N Side. Haywood got completely dismantled. Not even close. Yes miracles happen all the time but I can’t see Haywood beating Dyersburg this season if they played 100 times. Score could have been a lot worse. Hope they play the same against N Side. 

Dyersburg must have gotten a vastly different Haywood team than we did. 

2 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Dyersburg must have gotten a vastly different Haywood team than we did. 

When I was watching Haywood warm up I made a comment to some other people how big and intimidating they looked. Huge size advantage over Dyersburg. But once the whistle blew we just flat out executed them.  We were on every block and no blown assignments. Appeared to be quicker off the ball and honestly just made them look silly. 

On another note the Dburg boys are extremely fired up to lay some wood to N Side tonight!!!