Clinton's Offense Better? Defense Worse?

92Dragon

Through the first 5 games of the season, Clinton's offense has scored 85 points as compared to 33 last season. 

But Clinton's defense has given up 168 points compared to 91 last season.

Actually I feel pretty good about our run defense. I feel like the front 7 are pretty much holding their own. But our secondary is giving up big plays in the passing game. Any team that watches film on us must be licking their chops.

Will McKamey and crew get things turned around?  I have faith and confidence in them but I've always been a glass half full kinda person.

Thoughts or Comments?

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Through the first 5 games of the season, Clinton's offense has scored 85 points as compared to 33 last season. 

But Clinton's defense has given up 168 points compared to 91 last season.

Actually I feel pretty good about our run defense. I feel like the front 7 are pretty much holding their own. But our secondary is giving up big plays in the passing game. Any team that watches film on us must be licking their chops.

Will McKamey and crew get things turned around?  I have faith and confidence in them but I've always been a glass half full kinda person.

Thoughts or Comments?

I don't have any doubts that he will get Clinton turned around but there will also never be a dull moment just like last week so hold on and buckle up for the ride.

1 minute ago, catswild said:

That depends on your definition of "turned around".

When he gets where he is going I believe he will win more than loses. The problem with him is that he is one of those type coaches that believes in playing a couple of teams that is way in over their heads in order to get playoff ready. He had GCA playing Campbell County and Jefferson County out of 5A and 6A when they were only a 2A school in the same year. He also is a big risk taker against the percentages during a game. If you can pull them off it looks great but most of the times he don't.

I could see McKamey getting this team to .500 in a couple of years, depending on their non-region schedule. I agree with Cats though, it kinda depends on your definition of "turned around."

It'll be interesting to see how things get shuffled in a few years, during the next reclassification period. Being in a region with Oak Ridge, Fulton, West, Powell, and a Price brothers-coached Campbell County team doesn't help. I just have a hard time seeing McKamey crack the top 4 in this region.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is a mix of Powell, seymour and central being a little better this year than they were a year ago. Clinton's offense still looks the same to me. It is hard to run any offense when you don't have a QB.

Ill be honest with you. I don't think Mckamey will stick around too much longer. I have heard some rumors that a few assistant coaches will be jumping ship at the end of the season. 

Fans don't have patience today. Look how long it took Stoops to get Kentucky turned into a winning program. 6 years!!  If Clinton doesn't have winning records in 5 or 6 years, I'll say we might need a coaching change. But until then, I'm willing to give McKamey a chance and see what he can do.