AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

What I'm saying is whoever comes out of the BOTTOM portion of the bracket will host the quarterfinals.  UNLESS it's 2 teams from the SAME region in which the team with the highest seed shall host.

Ok thats what i thought. I wasnt thinking clearly. Only way TC (Region 4 #2 Seed) host the 3rd Rd would be if Region 4's #3 seed made it to Quarters i believe. All other scenarios, TC is traveling. 

2 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Ok thats what i thought. I wasnt thinking clearly. Only way TC (Region 4 #2 Seed) host the 3rd Rd would be if Region 4's #3 seed made it to Quarters i believe. All other scenarios, TC is traveling. 

TC as a #2 seed that is correct.

As a #3 seed the scenario looks better for TC. Maybe?  You would travel to Watertown in the 2nd round instead of Tyner.  Then a win you would host Tyner in the quarterfinals instead of traveling to Watertown in the quarterfinals.  You would swap hosting a 1st round game as a 3 seed for a better shot (just win)  of hosting the quarterfinals.  

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

TC as a #2 seed that is correct.

As a #3 seed the scenario looks better for TC. Maybe?  You would travel to Watertown in the 2nd round instead of Tyner.  Then a win you would host Tyner in the quarterfinals instead of traveling to Watertown in the quarterfinals.  You would swap hosting a 1st round game as a 3 seed for a better shot (just win)  of hosting the quarterfinals.  

Long story short, TC will only host 2 rds this year.... :thumb:

Trousdale gonna have a rough road in playoffs. If they keep winning I think will have the hardest road. I'd be worried playing Tyner, then if I won play Watertown and next if stilI winning possibly play Meigs or whoever wins between region 1 and 2. That would be a memorable playoff but would be hard to stay healthy in games like that. All kids would want it but I imagine coaches would prefer easier route due to the possibility of Injuries alone. I myself am gunshy of injuries. Love big games but hate the worry of injury that normally follows them. 

14 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Trousdale gonna have a rough road in playoffs. If they keep winning I think will have the hardest road. I'd be worried playing Tyner, then if I won play Watertown and next if stilI winning possibly play Meigs or whoever wins between region 1 and 2. That would be a memorable playoff but would be hard to stay healthy in games like that. All kids would want it but I imagine coaches would prefer easier route due to the possibility of Injuries alone. I myself am gunshy of injuries. Love big games but hate the worry of injury that normally follows them. 

TC's mindset...."The Good Lord above protects those you stay faithful to him. If it be his will the TC takes the hard road, then so be it! What doesn't kill ya, only make you better. Play to win the game regardless of who the opponent is and forget about injuries. If you play not to get hurt, then you will get hurt and lose. No Fear. Control what you can control and everything else will fall into place as it should! " 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

TC's mindset...."The Good Lord above protects those you stay faithful to him. If it be his will the TC takes the hard road, then so be it! What doesn't kill ya, only make you better. Play to win the game regardless of who the opponent is and forget about injuries. If you play not to get hurt, then you will get hurt and lose. No Fear. Control what you can control and everything else will fall into place as it should! " 

Should be everyone's take on life. But due to a certain sneaky serpent injuries were let into this world. I'm thankful for this day and look forward to the next.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2018 at 5:12 PM, Imthayeti said:

In order to get to Cookeville you have to beat first round whoever, Watertown and Tyner no matter your seed. Same can be said for Tyner and Watertown. It just may be a different order. Too much played in all that. Just win one game at a time. You never know what will happen come playoff time! If your lucky to get to semifinals your home no matter what against meigs side. 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02
  • Upvote 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, vandyfan1 said:

I dont see them getting past Riverside. I just dont. Part of me hopes they do just to get a rematch and part of me hopes Riverside takes them down. I dont think CA has beat anyone with a winning record have they? Riverside is built to stop the run and CA is built to run the ball. I think it would be a good game and very possible to happen.

Looks like CA took one on the chin tonight.

FRA smoked them dawgs. 

FYI FRA lost to DA 40-20.....

Hmmmm. Riverside might take out CA. Who knows at this point