Cloudland vs the longhorns

THE KING

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

This isn’t about which state is better because the enrollment numbers are so different. Alcoa would be a 1a School in NC.Odds are they would be the Alabama in NC.

Yea I agree....Apples to apples...Reckon how TN region-1 4A Greeneville and Elizabethton would do in NC 2A? I'd say pretty dang good

36 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yea I agree....Apples to apples...Reckon how TN region-1 4A Greeneville and Elizabethton would do in NC 2A? I'd say pretty dang good

That would be hard to say. There are some really good teams in 2a in NC. It usually starts with Shelby. They would hold there on with a lot of teams though.Greeneville beat 2a Pisgah,NC pretty good this year and last but Pisgah is a average team in 2a.

http://www.shelbyhighfootball.com/

Edited by Appvol

4 hours ago, BigDogDaddy1971 said:

That’s a BIIIG statement with Mitchell and Mtn Heritage just over the hill....

I stand by my statement, year in and out.  I spent a few mins looking at local teams that played them or played their opponents.  Usually playing up as well...Tennessee still leads on an even playing field-number wise.

Mtn Heritage for example...beat Crocket recently-not exactly amazing, but nothing to sneeze at.

However, looking further back for a common opponent...they played Avery and won the same as others from Tennessee (mostly small schools), but if you keep going they lost to Decent Avery in the early 2000s when Cloudland and Johnson County beat them.  

Not saying they don’t have a good team, but I’m still biased for Tennessee.

Watauga is a 5A by TSSAA enrollment.  I think without the help they’ve received from the big football program next door, they would still be getting whipped.  I think Etown would give them a challenge and I know Greeneville would.

(Notice...there was no mention of VA)

I guess we can agree on that?

On 10/21/2018 at 5:19 PM, uknoit2 said:

Now horn, you beat Cland at Cland and Hampton beat JC AT JC but Cland is the best team you've played by far??:huh:

Yes they are definitely the best team we have played this year.  We just played like crap against Hampton. BTW how is your season going?  Four and five huh?

Keep trying to be relevant.

18 minutes ago, MaroonandWhiteDad3 said:

Yes they are definitely the best team we have played this year.  We just played like crap against Hampton. BTW how is your season going?  Four and five huh?

Keep trying to be relevant.

Hey we got thw defense of the week in jc press.  Bend not break.  28 pts in the laat 5 games,  not bad