Who's playing on Thurday night?

ddaddy

15 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I've heard of a few games that are being played tonight. Who has rescheduled for Thursday?

I don't know who all rescheduled but there are a lot of games set for tonight.

CoachT scoreboard link:

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/scoreboard/index.cfm?SportID=&selDate=10-18-2018

Edit: 31 games as of now scheduled for tonight.

Edited by Southtowner
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What for am i missing something?Halloween coming early?

Looks like middle & west TN.  Important games that they prolly wanna get in and not take a chance on Friday's weather. And again, idk which of these games if any were rescheduled for tonight.  I highly doubt all 31 games were originally set for tonight though.

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Looks like middle & west TN.  Important games that they prolly wanna get in and not take a chance on Friday's weather. And again, idk which of these games if any were rescheduled for tonight.  I highly doubt all 31 games were originally set for tonight though.

I didn't know whether was going to be a factor. That's so funny 15-20 years ago we were never thought about rescheduling games because of weather we just played it and went on! That's part of the game if you don't play in a dome.

23 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I didn't know whether was going to be a factor. That's so funny 15-20 years ago we were never thought about rescheduling games because of weather we just played it and went on! That's part of the game if you don't play in a dome.

They have rules now. Lightning rules. I'd say with important region games and the ability to mass communicate changes in plans it's for the best. If one thinks weather will be a factor in postponing a game this close to end of regular season and throw everything topsy turvy why not reschedule? 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They have rules now. Lightning rules. I'd say with important region games and the ability to mass communicate changes in plans it's for the best. If one thinks weather will be a factor in postponing a game this close to end of regular season and throw everything topsy turvy why not reschedule? 

Didnt think about the rules we have now.Just remember us playing in all kinds of weather.But we also didnt have the targeting and other rules we have now.I still think weather is part of the game tho.Shouldnt be able to change just because rain is forecasted,so many games have been rescheduled for nothing.Alot of fans have to miss for a weekday game also.I for one would have to on a short notice.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Didnt think about the rules we have now.Just remember us playing in all kinds of weather.But we also didnt have the targeting and other rules we have now.I still think weather is part of the game tho.Shouldnt be able to change just because rain is forecasted,so many games have been rescheduled for nothing.Alot of fans have to miss for a weekday game also.I for one would have to on a short notice.

Weather is part of it to me also.  Lightning is just a different animal.  I'm no weather man so I really don't know what middle and west TN is looking like for Friday night.  Outdoor events where kids are involved are looked at more closely now than ever. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Weather is part of it to me also.  Lightning is just a different animal.  I'm no weather man so I really don't know what middle and west TN is looking like for Friday night.  Outdoor events where kids are involved are looked at more closely now than ever. 

Yes they are and i agree about lightning.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Yes they are and i agree about lightning.

Some folks will attend an event no matter the weather.  How many times have we've seen where an outdoor event like a concert turn bad because of weather? Even when the stormy weather was predicted.  Sometimes someone has to look out for folks for their own safety.