Lipscomb vs. Sweetwater

Guest firebird55

Guest firebird55

this is probably going to one of biggest semi-final matches next week. Sweetwater and Lipscomb both have great teams. Good luck to both.

any predictions? :)

[Edited by firebird55 on 11-26-02 7:57P]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ilovemywildcats

I agree with firebird55, this will be a big game for both teams. I don't have any predictions because there is a good chance of winning for both teams, but I do wish good luck to both teams. :)

I have no serious information on Lipscomb and would just be guessing, but it appears that DL has been peaking at the same time as Sweetwater. The winner of this game goes to the Boro as the big favorite to win the golden football. This is what high school football is all about. Sweetwater is bring an outstanding football team to Nashville to play the Mustangs. Good luck to the Mustangs, but we expect to beat you by 14. :)

Guest pastureboy

i don't have a score, but i do think it will be close. i personally would like to see the mustangs win. they way they played against my boys (the cougars) they deserve every win they get. i will be pulling for the stangs come friday night, although many of my friends may not. GOOD LUCK LIPSCOMB!!!

I dont know anything about Sweetwater but They have got to be a good team to have made it this far. Im just glad to hear about David Lipscomb beating Goodpasture, finnally getting the monkey off their back, credit coach Mac for the victory, im sure he had a well devised game plan having already played them this year. I personally think that DL was a better team last year, credited by Ethan Flatt on Ole Miss signee, but one player doesnt get the job done all the time...The team this year doesnt have anybody that really stands out and thats what I think makes them special, everybody makes plays when they need to, and no one is selfish with the ball. No predictions...because Ive never seen Sweetwater play but good luck to both teams win, lose, or draw.

Guest yungwater

I see this to be a game that will rise or fall or fall on mistakez.. Clearly it'z not gonna be a tallent battle becuz theze 2 teamz have the most tallent of n e body in the state or else they wouldnt have such good recordz and wouldnt be this far. You cant underestimate Sweetwater, we are 13-0 .. how could you, if you expect this game to be won by double-digits then ur KUH-RAZIE!!!

Sweetwater-17

Lipscomb-14

Man i cant wait til this game its gonna be a game to remember im not gonna put a score but i cant wait to play this one and great job to dl in beatin up on tyner and goodpasture that takes alot and congrats to yall, this game will be better than state well anywayz im out peace and good luck to both teams

I would be terribly surprised if Sweetwater was able to score 32 or 36 points on Lipscomb and I would be surprised if Lipscomb scored that many points on Sweetwater. I look for the over and under not to exceed 29 points. Yes, the winner of this game should be a heavy favorite the next week in Murfreesboro. No prediction here, but I can assure you that I am pulling for the MUSTANGS--big time!

I've always thought that the AA state title went through Nashville. Goodpasture and Lipscomb always seem to have good teams (I think there are reasons for that, but that is for another thread). It takes a very good team to get passed them in the semis, Alcoa's 2000 is an example of the bare minimum amount of talent needed to beat them. And sadly, for region 2-AA fans, I don't think Sweetwater has anywhere near the amount of talent that Alcoa's 2000 team had.

Libscomb-27

Sweetwater-21

[Edited by OSHSman on 11-24-02 8:35P]

I will be rooting hard for the Sweetwater Wildcats!

I think the Alcoa team in 2000 had more team speed than this Sweetwater team! But! I think this Sweetwater team is much better on the line of scrimmage. They impressed me when I watched them on the Alcoa TV station beat Alcoa badly.

Go Rebs and Go Wildcats!