#3 Hickman County (5-5) @ #2 Columbia Academy (8-2)

bigmac45

16 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Goes both ways. I just love CA sports. It’s a shame that I think the football team is gonna take a massive hit next year losing so many seniors and then moving to the hard division

I’m sure CA administration will be handing out them scholarships to bring in the new players. Y’all will feel at home and probably less stressed. No need to hide what y’all have been doing already anymore! Y’all will be legit next year!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I’m sure CA administration will be handing out them scholarships to bring in the new players. Y’all will feel at home and probably less stressed. No need to hide what y’all have been doing already anymore! Y’all will be legit next year!

Come out of the closet, so to speak. It could be liberating to be who you always was.

C.A, don't let c.a. beat c.a. must not turn the ball over, must not have negative plays, must not give up big chunk plays 20 yards plus. on defense must be able to run the ball over 280 rushing yards in the up coming game's,  must win special teams all phases and coaches staying in the game  must be up-beat  and if Columbia academy does all of this Cookeville bound...  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bama1lion1 said:

C.A, don't let c.a. beat c.a. must not turn the ball over, must not have negative plays, must not give up big chunk plays 20 yards plus. on defense must be able to run the ball over 280 rushing yards in the up coming game's,  must win special teams all phases and coaches staying in the game  must be up-beat  and if Columbia academy does all of this Cookeville bound...  

Unfortunately easier said than done. All of those things are doable but some of those problems are harder to fix late in the season. I think the penalties will be fixed. The turnover problem is the issue. That mostly falls into the passing game. Too many interceptions. I think we will see CA pulling away from the passing game a little more in the postseason, which will help turnovers but will also let teams be able to put more focus into our running game. Out running game is good. They’ve had a couple bad games but I think that falls to the line play as of the last few weeks. I think that will pick up as the returning linemen are becoming healthier each week and getting back into the flow. The coaches will have them ready I have no doubt. Their backs will be up against the wall against Waverly. But I think I was wrong a couple weeks ago getting very down about the team and thinking it was all over. If they play the way they can they have the ability to beat Waverly. The chances are very low but not impossible. 

• Like 1

oh it can be done I know it can be done it is all left up to every player on this team. no one I mean no one will let his team mate down the rest of this journey we will never take a play off and when on defense hit every thing on the field every play. I will play threw the whistle  on every play.  I will study a crap load of film I will know the guy lined up across from me I will know his weakness, again the players on this team is the one who holds the key to Cookeville...its all on them at this point just do your job and do it great and you got to leave it all on the field and practice like its your last practice. all  we need now is great leadership just win it all Columbia academy.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bama1lion1 said:

oh it can be done I know it can be done it is all left up to every player on this team. no one I mean no one will let his team mate down the rest of this journey we will never take a play off and when on defense hit every thing on the field every play. I will play threw the whistle  on every play.  I will study a crap load of film I will know the guy lined up across from me I will know his weakness, again the players on this team is the one who holds the key to Cookeville...its all on them at this point just do your job and do it great and you got to leave it all on the field and practice like its your last practice. all  we need now is great leadership just win it all Columbia academy.. 

I’m confused. Are you a player on the team?