OOLTEWAH VS HVA

CONGRATS TO THE OWLS FOR OUR 7TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS! LOOKING AROUND THE REGION I THOUGHT WE HAD ENOUGH TO MAKE ANOTHER RUN AND HAVE A DECENT YEAR. HVA IS GOOD FROM WHAT I'VE RESEARCHED. THEIR REGION WINNER WAS DECIDED BY THE LAST GAME UNLIKE OUR REGION WINNER WAS DECIDED BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED:grin: PRETTY MUCH HOW I CALLED IT. I SEE SOME THINGS IN THEIR STYLE OF PLAY THAT WE CAN CAPITALIZE ON AND SOME THINGS WE NEED TO GET BETTER ON IF WE WANT TO ADVANCE AND HOPEFULLY BEING IN THE OWLS NEST WILL BRING IS THE SPARK THAT WILL BE MUCH NEEDED..

#LOP 

#GO OWLS!!

33 minutes ago, PassiveAggressive said:

CONGRATS TO THE OWLS FOR OUR 7TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS! LOOKING AROUND THE REGION I THOUGHT WE HAD ENOUGH TO MAKE ANOTHER RUN AND HAVE A DECENT YEAR. HVA IS GOOD FROM WHAT I'VE RESEARCHED. THEIR REGION WINNER WAS DECIDED BY THE LAST GAME UNLIKE OUR REGION WINNER WAS DECIDED BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED:grin: PRETTY MUCH HOW I CALLED IT. I SEE SOME THINGS IN THEIR STYLE OF PLAY THAT WE CAN CAPITALIZE ON AND SOME THINGS WE NEED TO GET BETTER ON IF WE WANT TO ADVANCE AND HOPEFULLY BEING IN THE OWLS NEST WILL BRING IS THE SPARK THAT WILL BE MUCH NEEDED..

#LOP 

#GO OWLS!!

Owl win this one. I don’t see HVA stopping Sincere. 

4 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I think the Owls win. If game was at HVA I would maybe go with HVA.  Completely different team on the road vs at Home.

HVA had 2nd half come-from-behind-wins at Knox West, DB, and Jeff Co this year... lost to top seeded Knox Central and Farragut on the road (5 turnovers at Central and 4 against the Guts).  Not sure location is the main factor for the Hawks.  I’ll say it for about the third or fourth time this season... they have both thrived and died with the passing game.  Coin flip on this one but from what I have seen so far I give advantage to them Owls. HVA OC needs to have a better week this week to give the boys a chance.

Edited by RebelAtHeart

Looking at common opponents them Owls and Hawks both played Heritage and Science Hill.  Heritage is not a great game to scout anybody on, but may be noteworthy that Hawks allowed no scores and Owls gave up 21 points (but I am guessing this was in garbage time against the JV Owls).

SH took the Owls to the wire and won a squeaker at home but put up 35 points on the visitors.  HVA held SH to 17 but had one of their worst nights on O and never found the end zone (dropped 3 passes in the end zone and played flat most of the night).

Hawks have seen top notch talent at RB from Oak Ridge, Jeff Co, SH, DB, Bearden, and Farragut.  I don't know if any of those match up to those stud runners for them Owls! :blink:  But I stick to the same script I've put out all year... Hawks play to their potential (especially O) and this here will be a game! 

Edited by RebelAtHeart