2018 D2-AA Bracketology

Booger

2018 D2-AA Gold Ball Champion  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 D2-AA State Gold Ball

4 minutes ago, Tuition said:

I've been to every CCS game the past 4 years, and I really don't think CCS has a shot even with a 100% team.  CCS beats up on the little guys without as many athletes, but falls on their face when playing a well coached team with equal talent.  They can hang for a little while, but when they have to make adjustments...forget about it.  If CCS is down by 2 scores, they can't catch up due to their offense (watch the QB run to the sideline after every down to get the play, then run back in to run the next).  The Grace game was an  embarrassment.  The coaches make the players watch film, but I'm not sure they watch any themselves (that goes for most of the games).  Fant at ND does a great job with in game adjustments, and the Grace OC has a fun offense that most kids would love to play in.  CCS is as predictable as a 2 headed quarter.

CCS has good players, but they are out of position.

Maybe I'm thinkin' a bit too much with my heart on that one. You guys definitely had some head-scratchin' plans for sure the other night. Athletes you most certainly have in the fold. Fant is hard to beat, needless to say....credit to him and the parishioners for shelling out those coins to get the braintrust AND the GA plates to settle on Vermont Ave. The deal to allow that in TSSAA must've been made down the street from the Pink Pony at Scotty's Pub.

19 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Maybe I'm thinkin' a bit too much with my heart on that one. You guys definitely had some head-scratchin' plans for sure the other night. Athletes you most certainly have in the fold. Fant is hard to beat, needless to say....credit to him and the parishioners for shelling out those coins to get the braintrust AND the GA plates to settle on Vermont Ave. The deal to allow that in TSSAA must've been made down the street from the Pink Pony at Scotty's Pub.

Head scratching for the opposition, hair pulling for the the CCS fandom.  I will say that ND got a head start on the D-II format, but Fant is a good coach all around.  They don't have a true QB, and that can still make adjustments at the half.

2 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I completely agree. CPA is LOADED! It just seems everyone on here, except BT and Boog gives nobody else a shot v Iced Tea.

FRA or Webb over ND could be shockers, I guess. I wouldn't consider either one shockers to get to Cookeville. I don't think a "shocker" would be anyone seeded #1 or #2 beating anyone, except Iced Tea. Therefore, ECS could shock the world, I guess. Didn't they beat Webb in Week 1?

I'm guessing Chainsaw's "shocker" must be a #3 (FRA) getting past ND, or a #4, 5, 6 (CAK over ND?:popcorneater:) pulling off a major "shocker" in a 1st or 2nd round game. C'mon Massacre Man.....give us a little insight into your picks.

ECS has beaten both Webb and BGA this year, and played Lausanne to their closest game (42-34) outside of Whitehaven. They’ve also lost to St. George’s and had a couple of games that were closer than they probably should have been. Seems like they may be a bit inconsistent. However, if they show up ready to play, that could make for an interesting match up in round 2. 

Massacre man-- that's pretty good.  Halloween/chainsaw right? Nope gonna keep it to myself, as I am a bit superstitious.  But when it does happen I will definitely enjoy it.

Good luck to all- it's been an interesting year and one I will never forget.

And with that.... pulling for FRA big time!

Although RaiseEm, I really hope u enjoy this game and your son plays lights out.  It will be very strange for you not watching him play and my best goes to you and to him as well.  Both of you deserve congratulations regardless of the outcome.

Lausanne was not beatable last season.    They are beatable this season---they are not as disciplined on the O line and a tight zebra crew can hold this group in check .  I will see CPA play friday and give my thoughts on that matchup later once I see that squad play.    I have no idea how ECS lost to SG this year as SG is not very good so maybe that was their one bad game. 

2 hours ago, Tuition said:

I've been to every CCS game the past 4 years, and I really don't think CCS has a shot even with a 100% team.  CCS beats up on the little guys without as many athletes, but falls on their face when playing a well coached team with equal talent.  They can hang for a little while, but when they have to make adjustments...forget about it.  If CCS is down by 2 scores, they can't catch up due to their offense (watch the QB run to the sideline after every down to get the play, then run back in to run the next).  The Grace game was an  embarrassment.  The coaches make the players watch film, but I'm not sure they watch any themselves (that goes for most of the games).  Fant at ND does a great job with in game adjustments, and the Grace OC has a fun offense that most kids would love to play in.  CCS is as predictable as a 2 headed quarter.

CCS has good players, but they are out of position.

100% TRUE!!

I could type forever on all your points, but the QB running over to the sideline every play drives me crazy. How many delay of game penalty's have we received this year b/c of that? Sometimes, we can't get the 1st play off after a change in possession.

The Grace QB made us look silly. He's getting a simple hand signal from the sideline, then calling audibles with hand signals when needed ... all the while getting the play off in about 10 seconds. In the meantime, we don't have time to run in a defensive sub. We made that kid look like Payton Manning.

Webb's defensive lineman are going to flop right in front of our OL's legs. Do you think we'll run a sweep while they're laying on the ground? Or maybe a simple crossing pass with the passing lanes wide open? Not a chance ... Mondo left, Mondo right, Mondo up the gut, punt ... with the occasional bomb to #9 thrown in. One bad play and the drive is toast.

3 minutes ago, OLDad said:

100% TRUE!!

I could type forever on all your points, but the QB running over to the sideline every play drives me crazy. How many delay of game penalty's have we received this year b/c of that? Sometimes, we can't get the 1st play off after a change in possession.

The Grace QB made us look silly. He's getting a simple hand signal from the sideline, then calling audibles with hand signals when needed ... all the while getting the play off in about 10 seconds. In the meantime, we don't have time to run in a defensive sub. We made that kid look like Payton Manning.

Webb's defensive lineman are going to flop right in front of our OL's legs. Do you think we'll run a sweep while they're laying on the ground? Or maybe a simple crossing pass with the passing lanes wide open? Not a chance ... Mondo left, Mondo right, Mondo up the gut, punt ... with the occasional bomb to #9 thrown in. One bad play and the drive is toast.

The defensive plan is identical to the last time we played Webb (that worked out well).  Offense will look slightly different (personnel wise), but my guess is we'll have the same result.

2 hours ago, OLDad said:

100% TRUE!!

If y'all throw the ball like you did against us, its going to be intercepted by Webb's DBs time a time again. You need to bench the QB, no offense to him....I'm sure he's a good kid, and go complete wildcat with every athlete you've got that can run the ball......for crying out loud, take a page outta ole Booger's playbook and try that. It would give you an extra blocker to account for.

3 hours ago, chainsaw2 said:

Massacre man-- that's pretty good.  Halloween/chainsaw right? Nope gonna keep it to myself, as I am a bit superstitious.  But when it does happen I will definitely enjoy it.

Good luck to all- it's been an interesting year and one I will never forget.

And with that.... pulling for FRA big time!

Although RaiseEm, I really hope u enjoy this game and your son plays lights out.  It will be very strange for you not watching him play and my best goes to you and to him as well.  Both of you deserve congratulations regardless of the outcome.

I was sort of thinking Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but Michael, Freddie or Jason works too. All of those movies were so ridiculously horror-ible, that they were fun to watch.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be honest.  Even though basketball season will kick right in, and baseball after that, I'm going to miss watching him most on the football field. His best sport is baseball, but there's just something about football.....the adrenaline and physicality that comes with it. Sure hope the last one's not Friday night.....that'd be a LONG RIDE HOME.

3 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

His best sport is baseball, but there's just something about football.....

Every time someone talks about baseball on a Booger thread, an angel gets their wings!  I hope we run into you guys in our baseball travels this year.

So... I've been looking at USJ, their line and their two large backs and am wondering why they didn't win more west TN games... Maybe Wilson or some other west guy can give us some insight?

1 hour ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Every time someone talks about baseball on a Booger thread, an angel gets their wings!  I hope we run into you guys in our baseball travels this year.

So... I've been looking at USJ, their line and their two large backs and am wondering why they didn't win more west TN games... Maybe Wilson or some other west guy can give us some insight?

Very good up front with 2 big physical backs. However, they don’t appear to have any passing game or big play ability. They get 3-4 yards at a time, so if they have no gain or a loss on a play then they are in trouble. It’s hard, IMO, to go down the field in high school like that without making a mistake. The opening drive against Lausanne, they were actually driving the ball really well but fumbled when they got around the Lausanne 30. After that they had difficulty getting much going. Watched the Harding game also, which was much of the same. 

10 hours ago, Tuition said:

Head scratching for the opposition, hair pulling for the the CCS fandom.  I will say that ND got a head start on the D-II format, but Fant is a good coach all around.  They don't have a true QB, and that can still make adjustments at the half.

Notre Dame had a 5-6 year head start on D2, while CCS had only a 1-2 year head start...

12 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Very good up front with 2 big physical backs. However, they don’t appear to have any passing game or big play ability. They get 3-4 yards at a time, so if they have no gain or a loss on a play then they are in trouble. It’s hard, IMO, to go down the field in high school like that without making a mistake. The opening drive against Lausanne, they were actually driving the ball really well but fumbled when they got around the Lausanne 30. After that they had difficulty getting much going. Watched the Harding game also, which was much of the same. 

Heard that they had a couple of other QBs get hurt.  I saw that opening drive against Lausanne and was impressed up to the turnover. 

How do you see the Harding / St. George's game going?