Sweetwater High -Head Coach resigns

It was odd seeing their numbers so down this year. Not saying he is a bad coach, but I think it was obvious that there needed to be some change. Wishing him the best in his future endeavors. 

It will be really interesting to see who gets that job. Everyone knows that athletes come in cycles in small towns, but Sweetwater has historically always had some athletic/talented players each year. They need someone to come in and re-energize the program. 

As I’ve said before on here, I am a big Mike Martin fan. He and the principal, Coach Weaver, will find the right guy for the job. 

Edited by MarsBlackmon

28 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

It was odd seeing their numbers so down this year. Not saying he is a bad coach, but I think it was obvious that there needed to be some change. Wishing him the best in his future endeavors. 

It will be really interesting to see who gets that job. Everyone knows that athletes come in cycles in small towns, but Sweetwater has historically always had some athletic/talented players each year. They need someone to come in and re-energize the program. 

As I’ve said before on here, I am a big Mike Martin fan. He and the principal, Coach Weaver, will find the right guy for the job. 

I agree. Best of luck to him and his staff. Sweetwater did not play with a lot of enthusiasm this year. I hope the new tenure can right the culture and have them competitive soon.