Second Round Oliver Springs @ Greenback

orngnblk

26 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

This is disappointing. Booger must be out of the country again and posting nothing. Now, I think all you Cherokee folk have caught the Roll Tide-itis. You guys are so darn good the game coming up isn't even exciting enough for you all to chatter about it. THIRTEEN PAGES????? 23 was right the other night....y'all need to get with it. Its game day eve!!!! Its a rival!!! OS must be so scared of saying anything, that they've clammed up altogether....smart move.  

And, yes, OnB/Eugen.....before you state the obvious.....I am bored, sad, and out of town without a game to look forward to tomorrow night, so I've adopted yours. Good luck to you all the rest of the way, starting with a sound beat-down tomorrow night. The weather may make the field a sloppy mess, but OS won't be able to cover #23 and his speedy cohorts on a slick track.....Mr Football knows where they're going....OS won't.

Come on down you can hang out with some real football fans!:roflolk:

29 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I'm guessing y'all have plenty of folks that go on mission trips each year. They'd appreciate those shirts in Haiti or somewhere south of there. I hate we didn't make them more meaningful in the moment. Crazy year off Oak Ridge Hwy. Guess we should've seen it coming.

I hope y’all have things going in the right direction. It wasn’t just the same his year. I hate to say this but the team that played us wasn’t a normal Grace team. And that’s not just me saying that , I’ve heard that from a bunch of people.

20 minutes ago, gfd709 said:

But hey we’re in the second season now enough about that. On you to Friday night and completing what these boys have started.

Yes.....some horrible chemistry in the fieldhouse and on the sidelines. I'm done with football, so I can now be open and honest. The kids knew what was going on. It was extremely frustrating for the small group of seniors, though I'm sure this season's lack of success will be/has been laid squarely on their shoulders. Whatever.......  

But, like you said.....water under the bridge....on to the future.....let's watch you guys go get that 3rd gold ball. My kid is chasing a repeat as well with the round ball! Nothing like catching your very last pass in the endzone, and then having to show up for a 6am basketball practice on Monday morning. Nobody can say he's not dedicated! I just wish he was as dedicated to cleaning up his bedroom. :thumb:

• Like 1

I remember those days. Finish football on friday or saturday like we did in 87 and basketball on monday. Then batting practice after school till basketball practice untill the end of the season.. And start baseball the next day.

59 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Yes.....some horrible chemistry in the fieldhouse and on the sidelines. I'm done with football, so I can now be open and honest. The kids knew what was going on. It was extremely frustrating for the small group of seniors, though I'm sure this season's lack of success will be/has been laid squarely on their shoulders. Whatever.......  

But, like you said.....water under the bridge....on to the future.....let's watch you guys go get that 3rd gold ball. My kid is chasing a repeat as well with the round ball! Nothing like catching your very last pass in the endzone, and then having to show up for a 6am basketball practice on Monday morning. Nobody can say he's not dedicated! I just wish he was as dedicated to cleaning up his bedroom. :thumb:

24 minutes ago, gfd709 said:

I remember those days. Finish football on friday or saturday like we did in 87 and basketball on monday. Then batting practice after school till basketball practice untill the end of the season.. And start baseball the next day.

Yep.....that's the program one last go-around. I'm not sure I would've been that dedicated. I always took a break in the winter and worked on baseball. I never was good enough to play basketball in Indiana in the 80's. That was serious stuff!