Tennessee High at David Crockett Round 2

stockton4182

The old saying goes that it is hard to beat a really good team twice.   This is the dilemma Maryville faces against Oakland (Maryville won the regular season game and may well face Oakland again in the playoffs).     If you think Tenn High is a really good team then there's your answer, if not then Crockett should win again.

In 2009 the Vikings were ranked #1 in the state, in the 9th game of the season they beat us 51-26.  However in the 2nd round of the playoffs we returned the favor 23-14 and knocked the Vikings out of what might have been a trip to Cookeville.
In 2012 we defeated the Vikings 37-7 in the regular season.   The first game of the playoffs we faced them again.   Boone went into the game all cocky and looking forward to round 2, the Vikings bushwhacked us 28-7 and moved on to round 2.

Mental advantage goes to Tennessee High here, though I think DC is the more talented team.  Both are well coached.

THS's defense is pretty good and they defend the pass better than most NET teams.  They'll also run the ball and kill the clock to keep DC's offense off the field.

Meanwhile, DC's defense will come ready to play just like they have all season.  They'll be looking to jump out on THS early and make the "hog the ball" strategy a moot point.

This game will simply come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.  I'd go with Tennessee High if I had to bet money, but not by much.  It'll be another tight one unless DC goes off early and jumps out to a quick 2+ score lead.

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Mental advantage goes to Tennessee High here, though I think DC is the more talented team.  Both are well coached.

THS's defense is pretty good and they defend the pass better than most NET teams.  They'll also run the ball and kill the clock to keep DC's offense off the field.

Meanwhile, DC's defense will come ready to play just like they have all season.  They'll be looking to jump out on THS early and make the "hog the ball" strategy a moot point.

This game will simply come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.  I'd go with Tennessee High if I had to bet money, but not by much.  It'll be another tight one unless DC goes off early and jumps out to a quick 2+ score lead.

No mental advantage for Tennessee High they missed their field goal and Crockett made theirs

This should be a great game and a great atmosphere.    Good luck to both teams and whoever comes out with the W, don't let is stop there!  Keep moving forward and go get the W in the 3rd round next week.   There's a great opportunity to make history and bring more attention & respect to our area for NET football.  Get out an support your team and have a safe weekend.  DC 28 TH 27.

Edited by Romansfive8

7 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

This should be a great game and a great atmosphere.    Good luck to both teams and whoever comes out with the W, don't let is stop there!  Keep moving forward and go the W in the 3rd round next week.   There's a great opportunity to make history and bring more attention & respect to our area for NET football.  Get out an support your team and have a safe weekend.  DC 28 TH 27.

Love the pick. Going to be nasty tomorrow night with rain just hope Crockett can catch more balls then they did last week