Lebanon Coach Gentry to Smith Co.?

birddogg

On 11/17/2018 at 10:36 PM, eers said:

One year doesn’t mean it’s a turn around. Talk to me in 3-5 years. Lebanon will be the same old Lebanon we've know for the last decade. Gentry may be a good coach, but let’s be honest... Lebanon overachieved and will be back to the cellar next year. Let’s not offer him the world. He won some games with athletes that they should win. You people are silly if you think Lebanon is really that different because they win a few games.  Let’s all get off the Lebanon bandwagon and realize they really weren’t that good. They played a lot of terrible teams in a bad region.  

i dont think you understand where our program was before coach gentry came. In the 6 yaers before he arrived, we won a total of 9 games. coach g nearly won that many in year two. you say we won games that we should win but the thing is that we werent winning those games before gentry arrived and ppl sure as heck werent talking about our 'athletes' while we won 9 games in 6 yrs. we were the cupcake on the schedule that people wanted to beat up on. you say that we will be back to sol and in the cellar, i guess we will see. but if im a betting man (and i am), im putting my money on the blue devils under gentry. this program is headed in the right direction and back to where it is supposed to be. 

Edited by BDP93

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Got a witness Brother.

Especially so if you get turned down by two out of state programs and ONE private you sued because you could NOT beat them.

Never happen. The reason he was looking out of state and private is so he could double dip his retirement. With Alcoa and Smith County he would still be on state retirement time. He is not the  type to take a pay cut. His ego will not let that happen.

3 hours ago, bigchief said:

Never happen. The reason he was looking out of state and private is so he could double dip his retirement. With Alcoa and Smith County he would still be on state retirement time. He is not the  type to take a pay cut. His ego will not let that happen.

That is what I was saying also.  Also you have to think about the fact his Brother is paying him to stay away from Smith County so he will not get the urge to try and 'help' with the family business.  Last time he tried to 'help' it almost helped them into bankruptcy!   Their Pilot markets are too successful as they are now.

Only reason he would come back this direction from Alcoa is a guaranteed spot as a HC at a major private or his WIFE finally tells him to!  She 'might' try and persuade him if Warren County opens up and he is guaranteed a free rein and MAJOR BUCKS.  I think some folks there still have some major issues with him though from the last time he was coaching there.  This would let her be with HER family though.