Kirby:

Fri Aug. 31 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #15 Ridgeway R 

W 42-28

Fri Oct. 19 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #19 Munford R 

W 33-20

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Kenwood 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 41-13

Not much different between the two teams. Henry County was held to 14 points in a win over Beech back on  August 24th. They were held to 21 points in a loss to Germantaon back on September 28. Kirby was held to 21 points in a loss to Olive Branch (MS) back on September 7.  Their next lowest scoring output were 33 points against Munford and Memphis Overton in two different games. 

Points will be scored by both teams. I don't think HC will hold Kirby to 16, or 17 points or anything like that. I think Kirby scores at least 28 points. I think Henry County will score multiple times. I think Henry County will score 28 points at least, as well. So, who will outscore who? This game being played at Kirby is a plus for Kirby ... no Paris mystique to deal with. Then there is the long trip from Paris to Memphis. Another plus for Kirby. Kirby's field is turf and not grass. Another plus for Kirby, if simply, they are on a surface they are use to. Will Kirby's evenly balanced offensive production be the key? Will Kirby stack the box and dare HC to pass? Will HC stack the box and dare Kirby to pass? 

In BGIM I picked HC because they are the favorites on paper. However, coach Flowers has been to this level of the playoffs. In fact, he's coached in a championship game when he was the HC at Melrose when they lost to Maryville. He isn't as new to this as it would appear. I had forgotten about that. However, this is knew to the Kirby players. This is a big stage. However ... home field advantage is HUGE.

Hmmmmmmm ..... ???????

Edited by kwc

10 minutes ago, kwc said:

Common opponents:

Henry County:

Fri Sep. 21 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Kenwood R 

W 38-8

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #19 Munford 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 42-14

Fri Nov. 9 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Ridgeway 
Class 5A Second Round

W 31-8

Kirby:

Fri Aug. 31 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #15 Ridgeway R 

W 42-28

Fri Oct. 19 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #19 Munford R 

W 33-20

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Kenwood 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 41-13

Not much different between the two teams. Henry County was held to 14 points in a win over Beech back on  August 24th. They were held to 21 points in a loss to Germantaon back on September 28. Kirby was held to 21 points in a loss to Olive Branch (MS) back on September 7.  Their next lowest scoring output were 33 points against Munford and Memphis Overton in two different games. 

Points will be scored by both teams. I don't think HC will hold Kirby to 16, or 17 points or anything like that. I think Kirby scores at least 28 points. I think Henry County will score multiple times. I think Henry County will score 28 points at least, as well. So, who will outscore who? This game being played at Kirby is a plus for Kirby ... no Paris mystique to deal with. Then there is the long trip from Paris to Memphis. Another plus for Kirby. Kirby's field is turf and not grass. Another plus for Kirby, if simply, they are on a surface they are use to. Will Kirby's evenly balanced offensive production be the key? Will Kirby stack the box and dare HC to pass? Will HC stack the box and dare Kirby to pass? 

In BGIM I picked HC because they are the favorites on paper. However, coach Flowers has been to this level of the playoffs. In fact, he's coached in a championship game when he was the HC at Melrose when they lost to Maryville. He isn't as new to this as it would appear. I had forgotten about that. However, this is knew to the Kirby players. This is a big stage. However ... home field advantage is HUGE.

Hmmmmmmm ..... ???????

We was held to 14 by Beech at the beginning of the year when we was still trying to figure out the run game. Germantowns defense was very stout. What I have seen Kirby's defense can be suspect especially against good offenses and good teams. HC isn't coming scared! BELIEVE THAT!!! Big Boy football is about to get played at Kirby! 

28 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

We was held to 14 by Beech at the beginning of the year when we was still trying to figure out the run game. Germantowns defense was very stout. What I have seen Kirby's defense can be suspect especially against good offenses and good teams. HC isn't coming scared! BELIEVE THAT!!! Big Boy football is about to get played at Kirby! 

IS IT THURSDAY YET??!!! #KirbyStrong

37 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

Kirby's best defense will be their offense. Like I said, you guys will score. I don't think you hold them to 14 points or anything like that.

Who said HC would be scared? Home field advantage has nothing to do with fear or anything like that. It has everything to do with familurarity with the field and the surroundings. For instance ... this is Kirby's FIELD. Not HC's. Big differrence, because Kirby is used to turf ... not grass. I know HC has played on turf ... but HC would of had the advantage playing Kirby on grass at home, more so having Kirby to play them on turf ... at their place. It's a factor. It's one thing to have played on turf. It's another if that's what you regularly play on ... and it is even a more advantage when your opponent only plays on it sparringly. 

At this point of the season ... everyone is playing Big Boy football ... you do't make it to the quarters otherwise.

Edited by kwc

31 minutes ago, kwc said:

Kirby's best defense will be their offense. Like I said, you guys will score. I don't think you hold them to 14 points or anything like that.

Who said HC would be scared? Home field advantage has nothing to do with fear or anything like that. It has everything to do with familurarity with the field and the surroundings. For instance ... this is Kirby's FIELD. Not HC's. Big differrence, because Kirby is used to turf ... not grass. I know HC has played on turf ... but HC would of had the advantage playing Kirby on grass at home, more so having Kirby to play them on turf ... at their place. It's a factor. It's one thing to have played on turf. It's another if that's what you regularly play on ... and it is even a more advantage when your opponent only plays on it sparringly. 

At this point of the season ... everyone is playing Big Boy football ... you do't make it to the quarters otherwise.

Turf? That's the difference in the ball game? Dont make me laugh bro! Its a little different but it in no way will be deciding any ball game Friday night in Memphis. And honestly Kirby will face the toughest defense they have played all year hands down!! Thats the facts! I don't see Kirby scoring over 21. Thats only because its in Memphis. If it was in Paris Kirby only scores 14. What's y'alls answer if that RB of y'alls gets shut down?? Our pass coverage is on point right now. 

3 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

Turf? That's the difference in the ball game? Dont make me laugh bro! Its a little different but it in no way will be deciding any ball game Friday night in Memphis. And honestly Kirby will face the toughest defense they have played all year hands down!! Thats the facts! I don't see Kirby scoring over 21. Thats only because its in Memphis. If it was in Paris Kirby only scores 14. What's y'alls answer if that RB of y'alls gets shut down?? Our pass coverage is on point right now. 

There is a big difference between turf and grass. BIG. If you play on grass all season, playing on turf is "different". Vice versa. They feel different. They play different. They react different. They 'give' different. IT IS A BIG DEAL. It isn't going to hamper anyone ... but they are not one and the same.

HC has a good D ... no doubt ...but Haywood put 26 on that D and Germantown put 31 on it. That D can be scored upon. I don't think you hold Kirby to two scores.

Kirby doesn't force anything. They take what the D gives. You stack the box ... that D1 QB is quite capable of completeing passes. He's also a big young man and he has been known to keep it in a RPO type of thing. The one thing Kirby's offense is not is one dimensional. The Kirby coach likes to say ... pick your poision. By the way ... how did your D do against the passing game of Germantown? Or was it Germantown's run game that did you in? 

26 minutes ago, kwc said:

There is a big difference between turf and grass. BIG. If you play on grass all season, playing on turf is "different". Vice versa. They feel different. They play different. They react different. They 'give' different. IT IS A BIG DEAL. It isn't going to hamper anyone ... but they are not one and the same.

HC has a good D ... no doubt ...but Haywood put 26 on that D and Germantown put 31 on it. That D can be scored upon. I don't think you hold Kirby to two scores.

Kirby doesn't force anything. They take what the D gives. You stack the box ... that D1 QB is quite capable of completeing passes. He's also a big young man and he has been known to keep it in a RPO type of thing. The one thing Kirby's offense is not is one dimensional. The Kirby coach likes to say ... pick your poision. By the way ... how did your D do against the passing game of Germantown? Or was it Germantown's run game that did you in? 

Well I know one TD that Germantown got was from a super short field after an INT. Don't let the score from the G-Town game fool you. It was tied 14-14 at halftime. G-Town scored 10 in the 3rd and it was tied 7-7 in the 4th. We played them close 3 out of 4 quarters. 

34 minutes ago, kwc said:

Wait a minute!!! Didn't Kirby just play Southwind at Kirby on that "turf" and BARELY beat a 7-5 team. It took a SAFETY!?!?!?!?! A safety?????? A SAFETY??? WHAAAAATTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?

36 minutes ago, kwc said:

depth is what hurt Henry County in that game. Germantown had a tough time on the ground. their short pass game kept the drives alive and they did what it took to win it. hopefully our boys get some practice time on bethels field to break them in on the turf. this game has some hype to it. Coach Counce will have our guys ready 

14 minutes ago, BigRedtaco said:

depth is what hurt Henry County in that game. Germantown had a tough time on the ground. their short pass game kept the drives alive and they did what it took to win it. hopefully our boys get some practice time on bethels field to break them in on the turf. this game has some hype to it. Coach Counce will have our guys ready 

Agreed! I like the Taco! Wait can you say that on here?