South Gibson over Haywood

WhereYouAt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Racerman22 said:

Did south Gibson try and slow the game down?  Just curious.

Yes & played a 1-3-1 zone but Humboldt man defense wore them down & didn’t give up a lot of open three’s, SG might have made five for game & Humboldt made one 3! Humboldt missed about 15 free throws tonight not a great offensive game but defense wins games!

16 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Well, South Gibson cancelled the game against Humboldt Friday at South Gibson! I haven’t heard the reason they cancelled game because they would have made money with a packed gym!!!

I know ppl that was there! It was both sides calling each other names, and somebody said one of the coaches/or players from Humboldt was threatening ppl from South Gibson! My personal opinion Is that South Gibson know they can’t beat Humboldt! 

3 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

I know ppl that was there! It was both sides calling each other names, and somebody said one of the coaches/or players from Humboldt was threatening ppl from South Gibson! My personal opinion Is that South Gibson know they can’t beat Humboldt! 

I made the three (3) hour drive down for the game & I assure you at no time did any coach or player say anything to a South Gibson coach or fans. Now, Coach Abernathy did get upset with SG coach due to South Gibson players continuing to make hard fouls when the game was over & SG Coach did/said nothing. Number 4 or 5 (shooting guard) for South Gibson has a terrible attitude, I guess he wasn't use to having defense put on him.  I must admit that the Humboldt players kept their cool because if it was me, it might of ended different. I was very impressed with the discipline of Humboldt team, they never got frustrated during the game when basically they had a terrible shooting night but defense wins games (held SG to 43 points & SG was averaging 74 pts). South Gibson thought they could beat Humboldt but the Vikings are at least 15-20 points better then SG & on a good shooting night 25 just my opinion from watching the game. Humboldt Coaches are very professional & like I said, " South Gibson cancelled game because they know they cant beat the Vikings", SG had to make up something. A coach or player from Humboldt threatening people especially when Humboldt was winning now that's FUNNY!!!!  

Edited by 87vikingalumni
edit

12 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

I made the three (3) hour drive down for the game & I assure you at no time did any coach or player say anything to a South Gibson coach or fans. Now, Coach Abernathy did get upset with SG coach due to South Gibson players continuing to make hard fouls when the game was over & SG Coach did/said nothing. Number 4 (shooting guard) for South Gibson has a terrible attitude, I guess he wasn't use to having defense put on him.  I must admit that the Humboldt players kept their cool because if it was me, it might of ended different. I was very impressed with the discipline of Humboldt team, they never got frustrated during the game when basically they had a terrible shooting night but defense wins games (held SG to 43 points & SG was averaging 74 pts). South Gibson thought they could beat Humboldt but the Vikings are at least 15-20 points better then SG & on a good shooting night 25 just my opinion from watching the game. Humboldt Coaches are very professional & like I said, " South Gibson cancelled game because they know they cant beat the Vikings", SG had to make up something. A coach or player from Humboldt threatening people especially when Humboldt was winning now that's FUNNY!!!!  

I agree they knew that they had no chance to win the game, that would be a moral killer to once undefeated team!! And to make the male matters worse they(Humboldt) are single A