2018 Sonic ShootOut

ukhoops

9 minutes ago, JT16 said:

Clarkrange and Clay Co.  Did not want to play each other because they play 4 games during the season.  If they didn't want to play then don't play.  Sequetache and Kings should have been able to play as the bracket showed

I agree, but why would they both enter knowing that could be a possibility. The bookkeeper said Seq didn’t know the opponent had changed until walking in. Just not a well run tourney and what I witnessed from the girls coach from Sparta was classless. Nice cops they called though and good job not harassing the coach. She had enough that entire game.

Edited by Cavs824u

2 hours ago, Cavs824u said:

I didn’t know of the bracket change and neither did Seq Indians according to their bookkeeper. I’m not a Sparta fan first of all and lost a bunch of respect for them tonight. I sat behind Seq bench and was appalled at how the referees treated the young lady coach from Seq. Then to watch the Sparta coach nudge the guy beside him and laugh. I put 2 and 2 together. They were in to get the coach. A warning for not being in box and a technical for who knows what..even Clarkrange coach was confused. The younger ref met with Sparta coach at half and they high 5’d. Classless. Sparta owes Seq fans and all involved an apology. Referee needs to get out of profession. The cops were then called and one asked me what the coach was doing to be unruly. Classless bunch...wish my cavs wouldn’t return.

Technical was apparently because the referee thought the coach was on him during a timeout, when she was actually on her players (and not even very loudly). Then she says in normal voice “I was talking to my players, not you” and gets a technical. Speaks for itself. 

Sequatchie was to have played Western Kentucky Trailblazers, not TKA. It was listed that way on the bracket. And certainly not Clarkrange. If CR had been the opponent all along the same White County was in first round there would have been no issue. There’s a big difference in thinking you should be able to finish the tournament on a positive, get all good playing time, then arrivIng to find things are shuffled without your knowledge. 

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

WC was definitely the better team tonight.  Cookeville played like a bad Jr high team and they spanked us.   I guess I will have to shut up until we show something in district play.   Good luck until then.  

Our Cavs didn’t play like previous two games. Let’s get them in regular season! I felt our crowd could’ve been larger too.

8 hours ago, Indian said:

Technical was apparently because the referee thought the coach was on him during a timeout, when she was actually on her players (and not even very loudly). Then she says in normal voice “I was talking to my players, not you” and gets a technical. Speaks for itself. 

Sequatchie was to have played Western Kentucky Trailblazers, not TKA. It was listed that way on the bracket. And certainly not Clarkrange. If CR had been the opponent all along the same White County was in first round there would have been no issue. There’s a big difference in thinking you should be able to finish the tournament on a positive, get all good playing time, then arrivIng to find things are shuffled without your knowledge. 

Kings beat W. Kentucky in game 6.  should have played Seq in game 10.  Have pic of bracket, not sure how to post it.

6 minutes ago, JT16 said:

Kings beat W. Kentucky in game 6.  should have played Seq in game 10.  Have pic of bracket, not sure how to post it.

I never could figure the bracket out once they let Clarkrange or Clay change because they didn’t want to play each other. I’m kind of new to these forums and not sure how you post a picture.

8 minutes ago, Indian said:

4FA5D595-5826-466A-9C30-BF286A653A68.jpeg

This just confuses me. Out of respect these coaches should have to agree with this. We didn’t come to this a couple of years. I would like to see us go more east to play in one next year. I imagine a few of these teams will not return. If clarkrange and clay would’ve made it to the finals—would they have changed then? 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 7:18 AM, Cavs824u said:

This just confuses me. Out of respect these coaches should have to agree with this. We didn’t come to this a couple of years. I would like to see us go more east to play in one next year. I imagine a few of these teams will not return. If clarkrange and clay would’ve made it to the finals—would they have changed then? 

It’s my understanding that there was an agreement that if Clarkrange and Clay (district opponents) didn’t meet in the finals then they wouldn’t play each other in the tournament. That was what as supposedly agreed upon before they chose to come. Now that’s just what I was told. Maybe that makes it a little clearer. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It’s my understanding that there was an agreement that if Clarkrange and Clay (district opponents) didn’t meet in the finals then they wouldn’t play each other in the tournament. That was what as supposedly agreed upon before they chose to come. Now that’s just what I was told. Maybe that makes it a little clearer. 

Where the other coaches aware of this or just the coaches from Clarkrange and Clay?  If not, they should have been.