Girls State Tourney Pairings (Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

Here are the results from Day #2 of the girl's state tourney quarterfinals:

Class A

Game #1: Loretto 59 Oneida 40
Game #2: Greenfield 64 Clarkrange 45
Game #3: Midway 53 Eagleville 51
Game #4: Gibson County 50 Summertown 32

Class AAA

Game #3: Bradley Central 34 Lebanon 26
Game #4: Oak Ridge 65 Science Hill 49

Very rarely does Bradley score 34 points but wins, they HAVE to make shots next 2 games if they want to win title. Thank God for their great defense, #1scoring defense in state, or they wouldntve stood a chance against Lebanon. Walker made up for her horrible shooting with superb defense in 4th quarter. They got outplayed for 25 minutes of the game. Rest assured they will score allot more against oak ridge and oak ridge won t get 65 against them. I'm projecting a Bradley win 51-43

• Like 1

Just saw the bradley oak ridge game. 2 great games. Bradley did a complete 180. If they can continue their great defense then we should have another barn burner Saturday but bradley is getting another banner regardless. Btw in the big ones contest I picked bradley and Houston in title game. My title game pick. Bradley over houston 53-50

Here are the State Championship results:

Class AAA

Bradley Central 46 Houston 44

Class AA

Cheatham County 43 Westview 40

Class AAA

Gibson County 50 Loretto 42

Congratulations to Bradley Central, Cheatham County, & Gibson County on State Championships!

Edited by tonybologna
  • Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, tonybologna said:

I'm with you because the TSSAA knows these games aren't going to be played on time as scheduled except for the opening game each day. I also don't like the fact of having the same classification play their quarterfinal games on different days. They have 2 games one day & 2 games the next.

To be honest, that's not fair to ALL teams in the tourney. This gives 2 teams an advantage with a day of rest over the other teams. I don't get their scheduling but the TSSAA has really had issues with this for years. It needs to be addressed/looked into & fixed to make this state tourney fair for ALL teams involved.  

Maybe have single a play on Tuesday double on Wednesday and triple on Thursday. Then semis finals on Friday Saturday and Sunday then finals on. On, tues, Wednesday. Have Boys and girls same class same day. Making th e boys wait over a week between games is just crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Maybe have single a play on Tuesday double on Wednesday and triple on Thursday. Then semis finals on Friday Saturday and Sunday then finals on. On, tues, Wednesday. Have Boys and girls same class same day. Making th e boys wait over a week between games is just crazy. 

Do you mean a week from the boy's playing their last game or a week from the end of the girl's tourney? I assume you mean a week between their last games played because it's not a week from the end of the girl's tourney. That would be only 4 days. 

I don't know what the TSSAA needs to do to address these 1 1/2 hours between games but most of the scheduled games start later than scheduled. The only games that seem to get started on time is each day's 1st game. There was a few games in the girl's tourney that actually did end up starting on time or very close to starting on time.

That is rarely the case in past state tourney action. Just about all games usually start at least 15 minutes late with that 1 1/2 hour gap between games. This seasons girl's tourney did seem to have a better timing with games at least starting either on time or very close to being on time. Keep in mind too, there has to be a minimum 15 minute break between games so with that in mind they really only have 1 1/4 hour between starting schedule games so for the TSSAA to think that scheduling games 1 1/2 hours apart is not a bright choice.

I know they start some games as early as 10:00 AM local time (CST) so that would be the earliest that a game should be started but they have got to change these short 1 1/2 hour gaps & make them at least 1 3/4 hours apart but it would be better if they were 2 hours apart.

6 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Do you mean a week from the boy's playing their last game or a week from the end of the girl's tourney? I assume you mean a week between their last games played because it's not a week from the end of the girl's tourney. That would be only 4 days. 

I don't know what the TSSAA needs to do to address these 1 1/2 hours between games but most of the scheduled games start later than scheduled. The only games that seem to get started on time is each day's 1st game. There was a few games in the girl's tourney that actually did end up starting on time or very close to starting on time.

That is rarely the case in past state tourney action. Just about all games usually start at least 15 minutes late with that 1 1/2 hour gap between games. This seasons girl's tourney did seem to have a better timing with games at least starting either on time or very close to being on time. Keep in mind too, there has to be a minimum 15 minute break between games so with that in mind they really only have 1 1/4 hour between starting schedule games so for the TSSAA to think that scheduling games 1 1/2 hours apart is not a bright choice.

I know they start some games as early as 10:00 AM local time (CST) so that would be the earliest that a game should be started but they have got to change these short 1 1/2 hour gaps & make them at least 1 3/4 hours apart but it would be better if they were 2 hours apart.

Do you mean a week from the boy's playing their last game or a week from the end of the girl's tourney? Yes. 9-10 days for. Sectional to stay quarters is an eternity. The Bradley game started almost an hour later than later yesterday because for double ot game right before. You see what having 4 days off did to th for shooting? They played normal Bradley ball Friday and Saturday just let up on the aggr ession on defense

On 3/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, tonybologna said:

I'm with you because the TSSAA knows these games aren't going to be played on time as scheduled except for the opening game each day. I also don't like the fact of having the same classification play their quarterfinal games on different days. They have 2 games one day & 2 games the next.

To be honest, that's not fair to ALL teams in the tourney. This gives 2 teams an advantage with a day of rest over the other teams. I don't get their scheduling but the TSSAA has really had issues with this for years. It needs to be addressed/looked into & fixed to make this state tourney fair for ALL teams involved.