2A REGION 5

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

the linked article has forrest coming in 2nd in the region.    i think given the last 2 years that is more than fair.   it also has coach eli as coach of the year.    i will assume that was after the writer had a few too many adult beverages

The preseason team rankings were right on. The author must have drawn names out of a hat to get the coach and player of the year awards. 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

August 2nd @ Macon County 

https://tnhighschoolfootball.com/statewide-scrimmage-jamboree-schedules/

Courtesy of Southtowner

Scrimmage this Friday. No jamboree on the schedule yet is what GA is referencing.

Forrest traditionally hosts a jamboree. It's usually a big community night but it also presents the possibility this season that one of your key players on a team with zero depth suffers an injury. I'm OK with this group going into game 1 with only a scrimmage under their belts. These kids have been running the same offense and defense since 4th grade so it's not like we need to practice anything new. Avoid injuries and feed the ball to our 3-4 playmakers and we will be fine. 

49 minutes ago, Salem said:

Scrimmage this Friday. No jamboree on the schedule yet is what GA is referencing.

Forrest traditionally hosts a jamboree. It's usually a big community night but it also presents the possibility this season that one of your key players on a team with zero depth suffers an injury. I'm OK with this group going into game 1 with only a scrimmage under their belts. These kids have been running the same offense and defense since 4th grade so it's not like we need to practice anything new. Avoid injuries and feed the ball to our 3-4 playmakers and we will be fine. 

Yeah it is odd not to have one especially if your the one that normally hosts it.