Farragut at Bradley Central

FHS_Admiral

2 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

The “voice of the Bears” picked them (during preseason show on mymix104.com) to win every game this year except for Maryville. Said they have an explosive offense. Their QB is a transfer from McCallie.

Their QB is a Cleveland kid, went to McCallie last season. Actually took some snaps as a freshman at Cleveland. Terrific athlete. Bradley's offense should be very good.

They have three very very good Wr's and the offense can be explosive if the QB makes good decisions. Defense on the other hand doesn't have much experience, but does have athletes. Some of those weapons on offense should play both ways imo

Edited by TnBear

1 hour ago, FHS_Admiral said:

It sounds as if Farragut ought to have the advantage overall, but needs to be wary of some big plays from the QB and WRs.   I am encouraged about what I've heard thus far about Farragut's defense.   It sounds like it may be better than last year.   We do have an good experienced QB, but we are replacing the other playmakers on offense.   Hope the O-line and D-lines are good, because that's really where it counts.   Good Luck Bears.   Based on what I've heard, I'm gonna guess the Ads can win this one something like 35-14.  

It will depend on our OL wether or not if its a shootout or a lopsided game. No doubt you all will put up a lot of points. Should or maybe anyways. If our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it will be a high scoring game. I don't see how anyone is picking us in this game. Gotta be hometown biased folks. Haven't heard of anyone picking us yet. Good luck and safe travels coming down Friday. 

4 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

It will depend on our OL wether or not if its a shootout or a lopsided game. No doubt you all will put up a lot of points. Should or maybe anyways. If our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it will be a high scoring game. I don't see how anyone is picking us in this game. Gotta be hometown biased folks. Haven't heard of anyone picking us yet. Good luck and safe travels coming down Friday. 

Farragut’s OL is gonna need to step up as well. They are improving and have gotten better throughout the preseason practices and scrimmages. They are going to need to have a good night tho. 

• Like 1

Farragut's offensive line is considerably behind O lines from the last several years at this point. Of course, that is to be expected as there are several new faces. Farragut will need to see improvement and also build depth here.  

The running game has struggled. Some of the struggles are clearly attributable to inconsistent OL play, but this will be the first time in several years that Farragut enters the season without a proven RB (Fain, Thomas, Hardin, Gibbs, Carter). Finding that guy will be key, IMO.   

The defensive line is completely new as are the inside backers. I think both can be solid... with more reps and the right combinations on the field.  

Based on observations from the spring, two scrimmages and the jamboree, this will definitely not be the most talented team Farragut has fielded over the last several years; however, if they can stay healthy and build depth as the season goes on, I think they can have a solid team. Overall, this team is less experienced than Farragut has been in quite a while and they will need some young players to step up.

Edited by Former44

40 minutes ago, Former44 said:

Farragut's offensive line is considerably behind O lines from the last several years at this point. Of course, that is to be expected as there are several new faces. Farragut will need to see improvement and also build depth here.  

The running game has struggled. Some of the struggles are clearly attributable to inconsistent OL play, but this will be the first time in several years that Farragut enters the season without a proven RB (Fain, Thomas, Hardin, Gibbs, Carter). Finding that guy will be key, IMO.   

The defensive line is completely new as are the inside backers. I think both can be solid... with more reps and the right combinations on the field.  

Based on observations from the spring, two scrimmages and the jamboree, this will definitely not be the most talented team Farragut has fielded over the last several years; however, if they can stay healthy and build depth as the season goes on, I think they can have a solid team. Overall, this team is less experienced than Farragut has been in quite a while and they will need some young players to step up.

This is so spot on 100%

1 hour ago, Former44 said:

You obviously have your finger on the pulse of Farragut football. 

1 hour ago, Bluegreymom said:

This is so spot on 100%

I alluded to this on another thread, but I saw #8 Purcell play both TE and RB in games as a freshman. At RB he was a bruiser (both running and pass pro) and, at that time, appeared to have good instincts and vision. I remember thinking that another “Cooper Hardin” was on the way. I know how valuable Purcell is on defense , but I can’t help but be curious if he could help the team with a few carries on offense. Perhaps the coaches have already considered it. At any rate, it was just a thought.

Edited by Former44